'Walter Mitty' Screener With Ellen DeGeneres Watermark Leaks Online
A copy of Ben Stiller's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" illegally popped up online with a watermark bearing the name of Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres. A representative for 20th Century Fox, which distributed the dramedy, said the watermark appeared genuine.
It was initially reported that the copy which was created on November 23, 2013 might be an Oscar screener, but that didn't seem to be the case as Fox said they did create a copy for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" before Stiller's December 4 appearance on her show.
"Our show is sent advanced screeners of movies, sitcoms, reality shows, cds, etc. before guests appear on our show. We do everything we can to protect the content and in 11 seasons nothing has ever leaked online from our show," says executive producers of the "Ellen" show.
"We're not sure if this leaked from our show or not, but we are doing everything we can to find out and to make sure it never happens again," they add.
Screener copies of "Frozen (2013)", "Her" and "The Wolf of Wall Street" have also emerged online, as Academy voters around the globe were sent DVD and Blu-Ray screeners of the competing movies ahead of the nominee announcement on January 16 and the awards gala on March 2.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'