'Walter Mitty' Screener With Ellen DeGeneres Watermark Leaks Online
A copy of Ben Stiller's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" illegally popped up online with a watermark bearing the name of Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres. A representative for 20th Century Fox, which distributed the dramedy, said the watermark appeared genuine.
It was initially reported that the copy which was created on November 23, 2013 might be an Oscar screener, but that didn't seem to be the case as Fox said they did create a copy for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" before Stiller's December 4 appearance on her show.
"Our show is sent advanced screeners of movies, sitcoms, reality shows, cds, etc. before guests appear on our show. We do everything we can to protect the content and in 11 seasons nothing has ever leaked online from our show," says executive producers of the "Ellen" show.
"We're not sure if this leaked from our show or not, but we are doing everything we can to find out and to make sure it never happens again," they add.
Screener copies of "Frozen (2013)", "Her" and "The Wolf of Wall Street" have also emerged online, as Academy voters around the globe were sent DVD and Blu-Ray screeners of the competing movies ahead of the nominee announcement on January 16 and the awards gala on March 2.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger