Hilary Duff Addresses Split From Husband Mike Comrie
Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have separated after three years of marriage. The announcement is somehow shocking because they were still seen together as a couple on New Year's Eve.
Duff's representative confirmed the split to People on Friday, January 10, saying, "Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have mutually decided to an amicable separation. They remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son, and ask for privacy at this time."
The actress and the former NHL center are parents to a baby boy, Luca, who was born on March 20, 2012. They were married in August 2010 in Santa Barbara. Duff's mom Susan additionally told TMZ that they decided to have a joint custody of Luca. "They're better friends than a married couple," Susan quipped.
Duff herself addressed the split on Twitter, saying "Mike and I are sitting here, we are so appreciative for all of your kindness & well wishes." She added, "Not an easy day but we're getting thru it together."
A source told E! News that they simply drifted apart and the split did not stem from any particular incident. They had tried a couple's therapy but it did not work.
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair