Hilary Duff Addresses Split From Husband Mike Comrie
Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have separated after three years of marriage. The announcement is somehow shocking because they were still seen together as a couple on New Year's Eve.
Duff's representative confirmed the split to People on Friday, January 10, saying, "Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have mutually decided to an amicable separation. They remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son, and ask for privacy at this time."
The actress and the former NHL center are parents to a baby boy, Luca, who was born on March 20, 2012. They were married in August 2010 in Santa Barbara. Duff's mom Susan additionally told TMZ that they decided to have a joint custody of Luca. "They're better friends than a married couple," Susan quipped.
Duff herself addressed the split on Twitter, saying "Mike and I are sitting here, we are so appreciative for all of your kindness & well wishes." She added, "Not an easy day but we're getting thru it together."
A source told E! News that they simply drifted apart and the split did not stem from any particular incident. They had tried a couple's therapy but it did not work.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked