Hilary Duff Addresses Split From Husband Mike Comrie
Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have separated after three years of marriage. The announcement is somehow shocking because they were still seen together as a couple on New Year's Eve.
Duff's representative confirmed the split to People on Friday, January 10, saying, "Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have mutually decided to an amicable separation. They remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son, and ask for privacy at this time."
The actress and the former NHL center are parents to a baby boy, Luca, who was born on March 20, 2012. They were married in August 2010 in Santa Barbara. Duff's mom Susan additionally told TMZ that they decided to have a joint custody of Luca. "They're better friends than a married couple," Susan quipped.
Duff herself addressed the split on Twitter, saying "Mike and I are sitting here, we are so appreciative for all of your kindness & well wishes." She added, "Not an easy day but we're getting thru it together."
A source told E! News that they simply drifted apart and the split did not stem from any particular incident. They had tried a couple's therapy but it did not work.
More Hilary Duff News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed