J.R. Martinez Announces Split From Baby Mama
J.R. Martinez is back as a single man after splitting from baby mama Diana Gonzalez-Jones. The couple, who had been together for four years, has one daughter Lauryn Anabelle who was born 18 months ago.
"Diana and I have ended our relationship. However, we are committed to working together to raise our daughter in a healthy and happy environment," Martinez said in a statement to People. He also posted a message on Facebook Wednesday, January 8, "People change [it's] a part of life, but sometimes [it's] easier to hold on to the memories of who they were rather [than] to realize who they have become."
Martinez and Gonzalez-Jones met in 2008 when he was starring in "All My Children" and she was working as assistant to the show's executive producer. "All this time I was looking for the perfect guy, and I had him right next to me," Gonzalez-Jones told People in 2011. "We were so good as friends that romantically, we just clicked right away."
They announced the pregnancy a month after he won "Dancing with the Stars" season 13. Martinez told Us Weekly at that time, "We thought we'd get married, give ourselves a couple of years and do more things, experience things as a couple and then we'd start to think about kids. But life doesn't always work that way! Things happen! And I do see myself being with her forever."
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'