J.R. Martinez Announces Split From Baby Mama
J.R. Martinez is back as a single man after splitting from baby mama Diana Gonzalez-Jones. The couple, who had been together for four years, has one daughter Lauryn Anabelle who was born 18 months ago.
"Diana and I have ended our relationship. However, we are committed to working together to raise our daughter in a healthy and happy environment," Martinez said in a statement to People. He also posted a message on Facebook Wednesday, January 8, "People change [it's] a part of life, but sometimes [it's] easier to hold on to the memories of who they were rather [than] to realize who they have become."
Martinez and Gonzalez-Jones met in 2008 when he was starring in "All My Children" and she was working as assistant to the show's executive producer. "All this time I was looking for the perfect guy, and I had him right next to me," Gonzalez-Jones told People in 2011. "We were so good as friends that romantically, we just clicked right away."
They announced the pregnancy a month after he won "Dancing with the Stars" season 13. Martinez told Us Weekly at that time, "We thought we'd get married, give ourselves a couple of years and do more things, experience things as a couple and then we'd start to think about kids. But life doesn't always work that way! Things happen! And I do see myself being with her forever."
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!