J.R. Martinez Announces Split From Baby Mama
J.R. Martinez is back as a single man after splitting from baby mama Diana Gonzalez-Jones. The couple, who had been together for four years, has one daughter Lauryn Anabelle who was born 18 months ago.
"Diana and I have ended our relationship. However, we are committed to working together to raise our daughter in a healthy and happy environment," Martinez said in a statement to People. He also posted a message on Facebook Wednesday, January 8, "People change [it's] a part of life, but sometimes [it's] easier to hold on to the memories of who they were rather [than] to realize who they have become."
Martinez and Gonzalez-Jones met in 2008 when he was starring in "All My Children" and she was working as assistant to the show's executive producer. "All this time I was looking for the perfect guy, and I had him right next to me," Gonzalez-Jones told People in 2011. "We were so good as friends that romantically, we just clicked right away."
They announced the pregnancy a month after he won "Dancing with the Stars" season 13. Martinez told Us Weekly at that time, "We thought we'd get married, give ourselves a couple of years and do more things, experience things as a couple and then we'd start to think about kids. But life doesn't always work that way! Things happen! And I do see myself being with her forever."
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'