J.R. Martinez Announces Split From Baby Mama
J.R. Martinez is back as a single man after splitting from baby mama Diana Gonzalez-Jones. The couple, who had been together for four years, has one daughter Lauryn Anabelle who was born 18 months ago.
"Diana and I have ended our relationship. However, we are committed to working together to raise our daughter in a healthy and happy environment," Martinez said in a statement to People. He also posted a message on Facebook Wednesday, January 8, "People change [it's] a part of life, but sometimes [it's] easier to hold on to the memories of who they were rather [than] to realize who they have become."
Martinez and Gonzalez-Jones met in 2008 when he was starring in "All My Children" and she was working as assistant to the show's executive producer. "All this time I was looking for the perfect guy, and I had him right next to me," Gonzalez-Jones told People in 2011. "We were so good as friends that romantically, we just clicked right away."
They announced the pregnancy a month after he won "Dancing with the Stars" season 13. Martinez told Us Weekly at that time, "We thought we'd get married, give ourselves a couple of years and do more things, experience things as a couple and then we'd start to think about kids. But life doesn't always work that way! Things happen! And I do see myself being with her forever."
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5