Lindsay Lohan's Docu-Series Gets Premiere Date, Oprah Winfrey Admits LiLo Is Difficult to Work With
OWN has set a premiere date for Lindsay Lohan's documentary series. Billed as an eight-episode reality series, the show that follows the former Disney star since she's released from rehab will debut Sunday, March 9 at 10 P.M.
Oprah Winfrey put a lot of trust in the troubled starlet. Scoring the first interview with Lohan after her 90-day court-mandated rehab, the former daytime talk show queen reportedly offered LiLo $2 million for the docu-series.
Her trust was tested as the "Liz & Dick" actress proved to be difficult to work with. In a sneak peek revealed at the TCA winter press tour on January 9, OWN president Sheri Salata says that Lohan often shuts out the crew.
"This is exactly what everybody said was going to happen and I believed differently," Winfrey says in the teaser. "She doesn't understand. This is her life - you think you have forever." She tells Lohan, "My truth is I really do want you to win...but if that isn't what you want I'm okay with that. I will tell these guys to pack up and leave today."
Lohan herself realizes, "I know this is my last shot at doing what I have to do." But judging from her sober coach's answer ("Um ... you know") when asked if the 27-year-old has kept away from alcohol, it looks like she still has a long way to sobriety.
Titled "Lindsay", the show offers a "strikingly candid" look at Lohan as she returns to New York and reunites with friends and family all the while attempting to build her new life while living in the spotlight. It also sees the "Mean Girls" star "discussing everything from her emotional recovery process to her exhausting run-ins with the paparazzi."
More Lindsay News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic