Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears' Videos Considered Inappropriate for Daytime TV in France
The videos of Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears are deemed too racy for daytime French TV. France's broadcast watchdog has said that TV channels should only play Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and Spears' "Work B**ch" clips after 10:00 P.M., when French broadcasters begin airing programs for adults.
The broadcast watchdog CSA said in a statement on Thursday, January 9 that some channels were showing the raunchy videos in the daytime. Moreover, there are no parental guidance warnings.
According to CSA, Cyrus' nude appearance while swinging on a wrecking ball in her video is clearly too explicit and inappropriate for children. Meanwhile, Spears with her bondage gear shows "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers."
Spears is no stranger to getting her video banned from daytime TV. Late last year, the same video by the 32-year-old songstress was reportedly prohibited from airing on U.K.'s TV channels, including MTV and The Box, before 10:00 P.M.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies