Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears' Videos Considered Inappropriate for Daytime TV in France
The videos of Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears are deemed too racy for daytime French TV. France's broadcast watchdog has said that TV channels should only play Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and Spears' "Work B**ch" clips after 10:00 P.M., when French broadcasters begin airing programs for adults.
The broadcast watchdog CSA said in a statement on Thursday, January 9 that some channels were showing the raunchy videos in the daytime. Moreover, there are no parental guidance warnings.
According to CSA, Cyrus' nude appearance while swinging on a wrecking ball in her video is clearly too explicit and inappropriate for children. Meanwhile, Spears with her bondage gear shows "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers."
Spears is no stranger to getting her video banned from daytime TV. Late last year, the same video by the 32-year-old songstress was reportedly prohibited from airing on U.K.'s TV channels, including MTV and The Box, before 10:00 P.M.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers