Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears' Videos Considered Inappropriate for Daytime TV in France
The videos of Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears are deemed too racy for daytime French TV. France's broadcast watchdog has said that TV channels should only play Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and Spears' "Work B**ch" clips after 10:00 P.M., when French broadcasters begin airing programs for adults.
The broadcast watchdog CSA said in a statement on Thursday, January 9 that some channels were showing the raunchy videos in the daytime. Moreover, there are no parental guidance warnings.
According to CSA, Cyrus' nude appearance while swinging on a wrecking ball in her video is clearly too explicit and inappropriate for children. Meanwhile, Spears with her bondage gear shows "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers."
Spears is no stranger to getting her video banned from daytime TV. Late last year, the same video by the 32-year-old songstress was reportedly prohibited from airing on U.K.'s TV channels, including MTV and The Box, before 10:00 P.M.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie