Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears' Videos Considered Inappropriate for Daytime TV in France
The videos of Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears are deemed too racy for daytime French TV. France's broadcast watchdog has said that TV channels should only play Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and Spears' "Work B**ch" clips after 10:00 P.M., when French broadcasters begin airing programs for adults.
The broadcast watchdog CSA said in a statement on Thursday, January 9 that some channels were showing the raunchy videos in the daytime. Moreover, there are no parental guidance warnings.
According to CSA, Cyrus' nude appearance while swinging on a wrecking ball in her video is clearly too explicit and inappropriate for children. Meanwhile, Spears with her bondage gear shows "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers."
Spears is no stranger to getting her video banned from daytime TV. Late last year, the same video by the 32-year-old songstress was reportedly prohibited from airing on U.K.'s TV channels, including MTV and The Box, before 10:00 P.M.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting