James Marsden and Rupert Friend to Replace Paul Walker in Upcoming Movies
When Paul Walker passed away on November 30 last year, he was attached to star in drama romance "The Best of Me" and in action flick "Agent 47". Now it's revealed that "X-Men" star James Marsden is offered to step in for the "Fast and Furious" hunk in the former title, and "Homeland" actor Rupert Friend is in talks to replace the late star in the latter film.
"The Best of Me" is an adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' best-selling book of the same title. It follows former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks, now middle-aged, as they return to their hometown for the funeral of their mentor. Sparks fly for the second time, but the forces that previously drove them apart also get in the way once more.
Michael Hoffman will direct the feature film for Relativity and also write the script with J. Mills Goodloe and Will Fetters. The book's author Sparks serves as one of the producers.
"Agent 47", meanwhile, is the second installment in Fox's "Hitman" franchise. The titular character based on a video game series was portrayed by Timothy Olyphant in the first movie released in 2007. Commercials director Aleksander Bach will helm the project, with script by Kyle Ward, Skip Woods and Michael Finch.
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'