James Marsden and Rupert Friend to Replace Paul Walker in Upcoming Movies
When Paul Walker passed away on November 30 last year, he was attached to star in drama romance "The Best of Me" and in action flick "Agent 47". Now it's revealed that "X-Men" star James Marsden is offered to step in for the "Fast and Furious" hunk in the former title, and "Homeland" actor Rupert Friend is in talks to replace the late star in the latter film.
"The Best of Me" is an adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' best-selling book of the same title. It follows former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks, now middle-aged, as they return to their hometown for the funeral of their mentor. Sparks fly for the second time, but the forces that previously drove them apart also get in the way once more.
Michael Hoffman will direct the feature film for Relativity and also write the script with J. Mills Goodloe and Will Fetters. The book's author Sparks serves as one of the producers.
"Agent 47", meanwhile, is the second installment in Fox's "Hitman" franchise. The titular character based on a video game series was portrayed by Timothy Olyphant in the first movie released in 2007. Commercials director Aleksander Bach will helm the project, with script by Kyle Ward, Skip Woods and Michael Finch.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'