James Marsden and Rupert Friend to Replace Paul Walker in Upcoming Movies
When Paul Walker passed away on November 30 last year, he was attached to star in drama romance "The Best of Me" and in action flick "Agent 47". Now it's revealed that "X-Men" star James Marsden is offered to step in for the "Fast and Furious" hunk in the former title, and "Homeland" actor Rupert Friend is in talks to replace the late star in the latter film.
"The Best of Me" is an adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' best-selling book of the same title. It follows former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks, now middle-aged, as they return to their hometown for the funeral of their mentor. Sparks fly for the second time, but the forces that previously drove them apart also get in the way once more.
Michael Hoffman will direct the feature film for Relativity and also write the script with J. Mills Goodloe and Will Fetters. The book's author Sparks serves as one of the producers.
"Agent 47", meanwhile, is the second installment in Fox's "Hitman" franchise. The titular character based on a video game series was portrayed by Timothy Olyphant in the first movie released in 2007. Commercials director Aleksander Bach will helm the project, with script by Kyle Ward, Skip Woods and Michael Finch.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns