Katy Perry Transforms Into a Knight in 'Dark Horse' Single Cover
Katy Perry has confirmed that "Dark Horse", which was initially released as a promo single, will serve as the third cut off her latest album "Prism". The 29-year-old diva now shares the official artwork for the track which she recorded with Juicy J.
The cover art, which arrived on Thursday, January 9, was created by New York-based artist Yao Xiao. It sees Perry as an animated character who is dressing up as a knight in brass armor and a Shakespearean bright purple dress.
"Dark Horse" is a follow-up to "Unconditionally", which peaked at No. 14 on Billboard 100. While the emotional love song failed to storm the chart's top 10, "Dark Horse" landed at No. 6 this week.
Additionally, it has reached the top spot on U.S.' iTunes download chart. "So... it really is the year of the Horse! Just landed in China to see Dark Horse at #1 on ITUNES US. What an unexpected, lovely, surprise!" she shared her excitement on Twitter.
More Katy Perry News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival