Katy Perry Transforms Into a Knight in 'Dark Horse' Single Cover
Katy Perry has confirmed that "Dark Horse", which was initially released as a promo single, will serve as the third cut off her latest album "Prism". The 29-year-old diva now shares the official artwork for the track which she recorded with Juicy J.
The cover art, which arrived on Thursday, January 9, was created by New York-based artist Yao Xiao. It sees Perry as an animated character who is dressing up as a knight in brass armor and a Shakespearean bright purple dress.
"Dark Horse" is a follow-up to "Unconditionally", which peaked at No. 14 on Billboard 100. While the emotional love song failed to storm the chart's top 10, "Dark Horse" landed at No. 6 this week.
Additionally, it has reached the top spot on U.S.' iTunes download chart. "So... it really is the year of the Horse! Just landed in China to see Dark Horse at #1 on ITUNES US. What an unexpected, lovely, surprise!" she shared her excitement on Twitter.
More Katy Perry News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story