Katy Perry Transforms Into a Knight in 'Dark Horse' Single Cover
Katy Perry has confirmed that "Dark Horse", which was initially released as a promo single, will serve as the third cut off her latest album "Prism". The 29-year-old diva now shares the official artwork for the track which she recorded with Juicy J.
The cover art, which arrived on Thursday, January 9, was created by New York-based artist Yao Xiao. It sees Perry as an animated character who is dressing up as a knight in brass armor and a Shakespearean bright purple dress.
"Dark Horse" is a follow-up to "Unconditionally", which peaked at No. 14 on Billboard 100. While the emotional love song failed to storm the chart's top 10, "Dark Horse" landed at No. 6 this week.
Additionally, it has reached the top spot on U.S.' iTunes download chart. "So... it really is the year of the Horse! Just landed in China to see Dark Horse at #1 on ITUNES US. What an unexpected, lovely, surprise!" she shared her excitement on Twitter.
More Katy Perry News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed