Katy Perry Transforms Into a Knight in 'Dark Horse' Single Cover
Katy Perry has confirmed that "Dark Horse", which was initially released as a promo single, will serve as the third cut off her latest album "Prism". The 29-year-old diva now shares the official artwork for the track which she recorded with Juicy J.
The cover art, which arrived on Thursday, January 9, was created by New York-based artist Yao Xiao. It sees Perry as an animated character who is dressing up as a knight in brass armor and a Shakespearean bright purple dress.
"Dark Horse" is a follow-up to "Unconditionally", which peaked at No. 14 on Billboard 100. While the emotional love song failed to storm the chart's top 10, "Dark Horse" landed at No. 6 this week.
Additionally, it has reached the top spot on U.S.' iTunes download chart. "So... it really is the year of the Horse! Just landed in China to see Dark Horse at #1 on ITUNES US. What an unexpected, lovely, surprise!" she shared her excitement on Twitter.
More Katy Perry News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'