First Look at Ben Kingsley in Marvel One-Shot 'All Hail to the King'
The first pictures from Marvel's upcoming direct-to-video short film "All Hail to the King" have arrived via Entertainment Weekly. They confirm the rumor that, though being included among the special features in the upcoming "Thor: The Dark World" Blu-ray release, the one-shot will actually be an epilogue to "Iron Man 3".
All the four pictures show Sir Ben Kingsley wearing an orange jumpsuit as he's reprising his role in the third "Iron Man" film as The Mandarin impersonator, Trevor Slattery. It picks up where the movie left off in which Slattery is locked in a maximum security prison after the ruse he created with Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).
"Iron Man 3" scribe Drew Pearce, who directed and wrote the short film, confirms that the real Ten Rings, the terrorist organization led by The ominous Mandarin, will come for Slattery who is seen wearing an orange jumpsuit in the photos. This fuels the swirling rumor that the real Mandarin himself will come out to set the record straight.
"Imagine a real terrorist organization whose beliefs were long held and religious for thousands of years, and imagine a drunk, British actor coming along and essentially telling the world that he's the face of your organization," the screenwriter explains. "I think they would be right to be quite angry."
The one-shot will be 14-minute long. "By the end of the short, there are definitely a lot of exciting other places that are brought up in it that could then go in the Marvel universe. You know, whether that's an Iron Man movie or another one going into Phase Two or Three," he says.
"Thor 2" Blu-ray edition will be released February 25. In addition to having "All Hail to the King", it will feature deleted scenes, gag reels, audio commentaries, and a special look at "Captain America: The Winter Soldier".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences