Flavor Flav Arrested on the Way to Mother's Funeral
Flavor Flav was caught driving his Hyundai at 79 mph in a 55-mph zone on Thursday, January 9. Police had arrested him for not only speeding but also driving with a suspended license and possession of marijuana. He was on the way to attend his mother's funeral.
Long Island cops pulled him over at 9.30 A.M. on the Meadowbrook Parkway near Hempstead. Upon search, Nassau County cops found a small amount of marijuana on him and a check of record showed 16 license suspensions, police said. He was arrested on felony aggravated unlicensed operation charge and criminal possession of marijuana. He also received citation for speeding.
The rapper, best known as part of rap group Public Enemy, was later released to attend his mother's funeral. He was given a desk appearance ticket which requires him in flesh at Nassau County First District Court in Hempstead on January 28.
Flav's mother, Anna Drayton, died on New Year's Eve. He shared the news on a tweet, "Hey everybody I just lost my mother Anna Drayton thismorning newyears eve she passed away and I'm gonna miss her. She lived good a good life." He added, "Thank you to everyone that's sending me blessings about my Momz ,,, I appreaceate [sic] you all of you so much from me and my family."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group