Flavor Flav Arrested on the Way to Mother's Funeral
Flavor Flav was caught driving his Hyundai at 79 mph in a 55-mph zone on Thursday, January 9. Police had arrested him for not only speeding but also driving with a suspended license and possession of marijuana. He was on the way to attend his mother's funeral.
Long Island cops pulled him over at 9.30 A.M. on the Meadowbrook Parkway near Hempstead. Upon search, Nassau County cops found a small amount of marijuana on him and a check of record showed 16 license suspensions, police said. He was arrested on felony aggravated unlicensed operation charge and criminal possession of marijuana. He also received citation for speeding.
The rapper, best known as part of rap group Public Enemy, was later released to attend his mother's funeral. He was given a desk appearance ticket which requires him in flesh at Nassau County First District Court in Hempstead on January 28.
Flav's mother, Anna Drayton, died on New Year's Eve. He shared the news on a tweet, "Hey everybody I just lost my mother Anna Drayton thismorning newyears eve she passed away and I'm gonna miss her. She lived good a good life." He added, "Thank you to everyone that's sending me blessings about my Momz ,,, I appreaceate [sic] you all of you so much from me and my family."
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other