Drew Barrymore Joins Lifestyle Site as Editor-at-Large
Drew Barrymore has got herself another job despite having one kid and another on the way. The hard-working actress has been tapped as editor-at-large for women's lifestyle website Refinery29, contributing stories on food, travel, fashion and beauty.
"When Refinery asked me to come on board, I thought, 'How fun'," Barrymore told Women's Wear Daily. "I respect their taste. I trust them. I like 'where to' and 'how to lists' best and just the fun lifestyle direction and they completely have that."
She will post at least one article a month. Her first piece, titled "The Drew Barrymore Breakfast Sandwich You'll Want Every Morning" is up online now, detailing how she struggled with learning how to cook and sharing one of her favorite concoctions.
Revealing what else can be expected from her, she hinted that she will reveal top 10 toddler books she chose to read to her daughter Olive. "I also wanted to write some fun op-ed pieces," she said, but added later, that she won't give tips on how to be "fabulous". She explained, "I'm so un-fabulous and not whimsical. I make one-pot meals. I don't remember the last time I threw a dinner party and I certainly didn't cook for it when I did."
Refinery29 CEO Justin Stefano told The Hollywood Reporter, "Drew has a unique ability to appeal to the super indie scene, but she also has mass appeal. We wanted to expand our awareness with a broader range of women. We thought she was a good fit on that level."
Editor-in-chief Christene Barberich chimed in, "Because she's always out there in the world searching for inspiration as it relates to how real modern women want to look and feel, we're excited for her to share her point of view and ideas with the R29 reader, and allow us to connect with Drew in a whole new way."
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie