Drew Barrymore Joins Lifestyle Site as Editor-at-Large
Drew Barrymore has got herself another job despite having one kid and another on the way. The hard-working actress has been tapped as editor-at-large for women's lifestyle website Refinery29, contributing stories on food, travel, fashion and beauty.
"When Refinery asked me to come on board, I thought, 'How fun'," Barrymore told Women's Wear Daily. "I respect their taste. I trust them. I like 'where to' and 'how to lists' best and just the fun lifestyle direction and they completely have that."
She will post at least one article a month. Her first piece, titled "The Drew Barrymore Breakfast Sandwich You'll Want Every Morning" is up online now, detailing how she struggled with learning how to cook and sharing one of her favorite concoctions.
Revealing what else can be expected from her, she hinted that she will reveal top 10 toddler books she chose to read to her daughter Olive. "I also wanted to write some fun op-ed pieces," she said, but added later, that she won't give tips on how to be "fabulous". She explained, "I'm so un-fabulous and not whimsical. I make one-pot meals. I don't remember the last time I threw a dinner party and I certainly didn't cook for it when I did."
Refinery29 CEO Justin Stefano told The Hollywood Reporter, "Drew has a unique ability to appeal to the super indie scene, but she also has mass appeal. We wanted to expand our awareness with a broader range of women. We thought she was a good fit on that level."
Editor-in-chief Christene Barberich chimed in, "Because she's always out there in the world searching for inspiration as it relates to how real modern women want to look and feel, we're excited for her to share her point of view and ideas with the R29 reader, and allow us to connect with Drew in a whole new way."
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert