Miley Cyrus Dark and Gloomy in Marc Jacobs New Campaign Ad
The new campaign photos from Marc Jacobs feature a rare sight of Miley Cyrus. The 21-year-old singer appears gloomy and serious as the model of the fashion house in contrast to her wild real life.
The dramatic photos were taken by photographer David Sims. Staring into distance, Cyrus wears a navy jacket with black embellishment, dark red shorts and black sneakers with embroidered white flowers. Joining her in the pic are models Natalie Westling and Esmeralda Seay Reynolds. The singer is also no-smile in another still where she hides her eyes behind sunglasses.
Cyrus was specifically chosen for the shoot. Marc Jacobs told Women's Wear Daily, "Robert [Duffy] became friends with Miley a few years ago, and I know her through him. I met her years ago at Robert's birthday party in Savannah and we became friendly."
He continued, "We wanted this beach with girls kind of sulky and broody, and we thought it would be cool if it was Miley with what could be two friends, feeling distant and quite dark. ...We all just love her and her entire being, her energy, her talent, her intelligence, everything. There's nothing I don't like about her. She is just genuine and very natural."
Cyrus herself is a fan of Jacobs' design. She wore a stunning glittery green gown designed by him to the Fashion Group International's Night of the Stars last year and landed herself on the Top 10 list of Time's Best Dressed. She also recently posted a Twitpic of her wearing Jacobs' shirt which has pro-LGBT message.
Jacobs by Marc by Marc Jacobspic.twitter.com/1wAdfpQoWV— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) January 7, 2014
More Miley Cyrus News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic