Ed Sheeran: Taylor Swift Won't Be Featured in My New Album
Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift have been good friends since they worked together for a collaboration single off her "Red" album called "Everything Has Changed". However, Sheeran has confirmed that his good pal won't make a guest appearance in his new album which he announced earlier this week.
In a new interview with U.K.'s Capital FM, the British singer explained why he didn't feature the Grammy Awards-winning country pop superstar in the follow-up to his "+". "I didn't work with Taylor on the album purely for the fact that we've done that already," he said.
"We've already done a song and I don't know if that would surprise anyone if that happened," he continued. "We've always going to perform together, we're always going to write together [and] we're always going to hang out."
"I just felt for this record I wanted to make a record that would surprise people and keep them intrigued," he explained. "I've already done a song with Taylor within the last two years so I don't know if anyone would be too shocked by that."
Sheeran will also headline shows in the U.K. and Ireland next October. His manager Stuart Camp has said that the star's new album will be released "by time of the tour."
Although Swift won't be in Sheeran's new album, she holds a very important role in the project. Last month, Sheeran told MTV that she was the one who decided which songs would make the cut to his upcoming record.
"Whenever I finished a song, I'd send it to [Swift] to get her opinion," the ginger-haired crooner, who joined Swift's "Red" tour last year, revealed. "She's heard all the songs and she's a good judge of what's good or not good."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video