Ke$ha's Mother Denies Reports Daughter Is Treated for Drinking Problem
Ke$ha's mother wants to set the record straight. After the "Tik Tok" singer announced last week that she checked into a rehab to treat eating disorder, many people speculated that she was receiving treatment for alcohol addiction. Speaking to Celebuzz, Ke$ha's mother Pebe Sebert said the reports about her daughter having drinking problems were false.
"That's a total lie. The place she's at is an eating disorder center. When they say 'people close to her' I will tell you I travel with her everywhere, her little brother, her assistant, makeup artist, talk to anyone," she said. "She might have a few drinks here and there. But she doesn't have a drinking problem."
The singer's mother continued saying that her daughter drank alcohol like everyone else, but she did not struggle with addiction. "They do stress sobriety at the [rehabilitation] place. Nothing is allowed in there. You can't even have a razor. And they don't want you to drink afterward because they're afraid you're going to get drunk, eat a pizza and throw up. But it's not a place you go for drugs and alcohol," she explained, adding, "She might be crazy and she might get s**t-faced drunk, but everyone does."
Following the January 3 rehab announcement, more details of the cause of Ke$ha's eating disorder emerged. According to PEOPLE, her longtime producer Lukasz Sebastian "Dr. Luke" Gottwald may contribute to the singer's eating disorder. "He has been verbally abusive to her and insults her and the way she looks, saying she's not pretty enough or skinny enough. The abuse ultimately led Ke$ha to a bad place," a source said.
The producer's rep has not commented on the report. Ke$ha, meanwhile, will be in the rehab center for 30 days.
More Ke$ha News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch