Ke$ha's Mother Denies Reports Daughter Is Treated for Drinking Problem
Ke$ha's mother wants to set the record straight. After the "Tik Tok" singer announced last week that she checked into a rehab to treat eating disorder, many people speculated that she was receiving treatment for alcohol addiction. Speaking to Celebuzz, Ke$ha's mother Pebe Sebert said the reports about her daughter having drinking problems were false.
"That's a total lie. The place she's at is an eating disorder center. When they say 'people close to her' I will tell you I travel with her everywhere, her little brother, her assistant, makeup artist, talk to anyone," she said. "She might have a few drinks here and there. But she doesn't have a drinking problem."
The singer's mother continued saying that her daughter drank alcohol like everyone else, but she did not struggle with addiction. "They do stress sobriety at the [rehabilitation] place. Nothing is allowed in there. You can't even have a razor. And they don't want you to drink afterward because they're afraid you're going to get drunk, eat a pizza and throw up. But it's not a place you go for drugs and alcohol," she explained, adding, "She might be crazy and she might get s**t-faced drunk, but everyone does."
Following the January 3 rehab announcement, more details of the cause of Ke$ha's eating disorder emerged. According to PEOPLE, her longtime producer Lukasz Sebastian "Dr. Luke" Gottwald may contribute to the singer's eating disorder. "He has been verbally abusive to her and insults her and the way she looks, saying she's not pretty enough or skinny enough. The abuse ultimately led Ke$ha to a bad place," a source said.
The producer's rep has not commented on the report. Ke$ha, meanwhile, will be in the rehab center for 30 days.
More Ke$ha News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up