The-Dream Announces Split From Def Jam
The-Dream has decided to part ways with his record label Def Jam. The R&B singer made the announcement on Wednesday, January 8 on his Instagram, posting Def Jam's logo and captioning it, "I will miss this logo. It all started here! Love Everything that I achieved there, EXODUS THE-DREAM #exodusthedream."
The-Dream didn't give further explanation about his departure from the label which also signed the likes of 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Frank Ocean, Pusha T and Rihanna. However, he has expressed excitement to work independently in other Instagram posts.
"Creativity+No Politics," he captioned the artwork of his debut album, "Love Hate". "Creativity! My own Time my own Way. Just me and spat my Engineer at the Time. No label at All! Perfect," he added.
He also hinted that something exciting might come soon. "Let the New Tides bring The Things not yet seen! There's more where those came from! We have only heard what I've brought to shore the things that lay in the deep want lye there for much longer," he said in another post.
The-Dream, who spent seven years at Def Jam, released five projects under the label. The projects included 2007's "Love Hate", 2009's "Love vs. Money", 2010's "Love King", 2012's "Terius Nash: 1977" and 2013's "IV Play".
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie