The-Dream Announces Split From Def Jam
The-Dream has decided to part ways with his record label Def Jam. The R&B singer made the announcement on Wednesday, January 8 on his Instagram, posting Def Jam's logo and captioning it, "I will miss this logo. It all started here! Love Everything that I achieved there, EXODUS THE-DREAM #exodusthedream."
The-Dream didn't give further explanation about his departure from the label which also signed the likes of 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Frank Ocean, Pusha T and Rihanna. However, he has expressed excitement to work independently in other Instagram posts.
"Creativity+No Politics," he captioned the artwork of his debut album, "Love Hate". "Creativity! My own Time my own Way. Just me and spat my Engineer at the Time. No label at All! Perfect," he added.
He also hinted that something exciting might come soon. "Let the New Tides bring The Things not yet seen! There's more where those came from! We have only heard what I've brought to shore the things that lay in the deep want lye there for much longer," he said in another post.
The-Dream, who spent seven years at Def Jam, released five projects under the label. The projects included 2007's "Love Hate", 2009's "Love vs. Money", 2010's "Love King", 2012's "Terius Nash: 1977" and 2013's "IV Play".
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'