The-Dream Announces Split From Def Jam
The-Dream has decided to part ways with his record label Def Jam. The R&B singer made the announcement on Wednesday, January 8 on his Instagram, posting Def Jam's logo and captioning it, "I will miss this logo. It all started here! Love Everything that I achieved there, EXODUS THE-DREAM #exodusthedream."
The-Dream didn't give further explanation about his departure from the label which also signed the likes of 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Frank Ocean, Pusha T and Rihanna. However, he has expressed excitement to work independently in other Instagram posts.
"Creativity+No Politics," he captioned the artwork of his debut album, "Love Hate". "Creativity! My own Time my own Way. Just me and spat my Engineer at the Time. No label at All! Perfect," he added.
He also hinted that something exciting might come soon. "Let the New Tides bring The Things not yet seen! There's more where those came from! We have only heard what I've brought to shore the things that lay in the deep want lye there for much longer," he said in another post.
The-Dream, who spent seven years at Def Jam, released five projects under the label. The projects included 2007's "Love Hate", 2009's "Love vs. Money", 2010's "Love King", 2012's "Terius Nash: 1977" and 2013's "IV Play".
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?