The-Dream Announces Split From Def Jam
The-Dream has decided to part ways with his record label Def Jam. The R&B singer made the announcement on Wednesday, January 8 on his Instagram, posting Def Jam's logo and captioning it, "I will miss this logo. It all started here! Love Everything that I achieved there, EXODUS THE-DREAM #exodusthedream."
The-Dream didn't give further explanation about his departure from the label which also signed the likes of 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Frank Ocean, Pusha T and Rihanna. However, he has expressed excitement to work independently in other Instagram posts.
"Creativity+No Politics," he captioned the artwork of his debut album, "Love Hate". "Creativity! My own Time my own Way. Just me and spat my Engineer at the Time. No label at All! Perfect," he added.
He also hinted that something exciting might come soon. "Let the New Tides bring The Things not yet seen! There's more where those came from! We have only heard what I've brought to shore the things that lay in the deep want lye there for much longer," he said in another post.
The-Dream, who spent seven years at Def Jam, released five projects under the label. The projects included 2007's "Love Hate", 2009's "Love vs. Money", 2010's "Love King", 2012's "Terius Nash: 1977" and 2013's "IV Play".
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack