The-Dream Announces Split From Def Jam
The-Dream has decided to part ways with his record label Def Jam. The R&B singer made the announcement on Wednesday, January 8 on his Instagram, posting Def Jam's logo and captioning it, "I will miss this logo. It all started here! Love Everything that I achieved there, EXODUS THE-DREAM #exodusthedream."
The-Dream didn't give further explanation about his departure from the label which also signed the likes of 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Frank Ocean, Pusha T and Rihanna. However, he has expressed excitement to work independently in other Instagram posts.
"Creativity+No Politics," he captioned the artwork of his debut album, "Love Hate". "Creativity! My own Time my own Way. Just me and spat my Engineer at the Time. No label at All! Perfect," he added.
He also hinted that something exciting might come soon. "Let the New Tides bring The Things not yet seen! There's more where those came from! We have only heard what I've brought to shore the things that lay in the deep want lye there for much longer," he said in another post.
The-Dream, who spent seven years at Def Jam, released five projects under the label. The projects included 2007's "Love Hate", 2009's "Love vs. Money", 2010's "Love King", 2012's "Terius Nash: 1977" and 2013's "IV Play".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie