Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder Joke About Break-Up at People's Choice Awards
Nina Dobrev and her ex-boyfriend Ian Somerhalder cracked a joke about their break-up and on-screen chemistry when they received a trophy at 2014 People's Choice Awards. The stars won in the category of Favorite On-Screen Chemistry for their work on "The Vampire Diaries".
"Wow, this is crazy! Can you believe this is almost five years in the making?" the 35-year-old actor said at the event which took place at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Wednesday, January 8. "You're right, yeah. But you know what's crazier though Ian? At the beginning of the show, Elena actually hated Damon," Dobrev replied.
"You were hooking up with my brother!" Somerhalder replied back, referring to Dobrev's on-screen love story with Paul Wesley's Stefan Salvatore. "Well, you killed my brother," the 24-year-old star retorted.
The two continued exchanging words, "And then we started dating on the show. And then we started dating in real life. And then we broke up in real life. And yet our characters are still dating on the show. It's a good thing it's not awkward... Well it's a good thing we've got chemistry!"
Other on-screen couples who were nominated in the category included Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett (Stana Katic) from ABC's "Castle", Derek (Patrick Dempsey) and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) from ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) from ABC's "Once Upon A Time". Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) from FOX's "Glee" was also nominated.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz