Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder Joke About Break-Up at People's Choice Awards
Nina Dobrev and her ex-boyfriend Ian Somerhalder cracked a joke about their break-up and on-screen chemistry when they received a trophy at 2014 People's Choice Awards. The stars won in the category of Favorite On-Screen Chemistry for their work on "The Vampire Diaries".
"Wow, this is crazy! Can you believe this is almost five years in the making?" the 35-year-old actor said at the event which took place at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Wednesday, January 8. "You're right, yeah. But you know what's crazier though Ian? At the beginning of the show, Elena actually hated Damon," Dobrev replied.
"You were hooking up with my brother!" Somerhalder replied back, referring to Dobrev's on-screen love story with Paul Wesley's Stefan Salvatore. "Well, you killed my brother," the 24-year-old star retorted.
The two continued exchanging words, "And then we started dating on the show. And then we started dating in real life. And then we broke up in real life. And yet our characters are still dating on the show. It's a good thing it's not awkward... Well it's a good thing we've got chemistry!"
Other on-screen couples who were nominated in the category included Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett (Stana Katic) from ABC's "Castle", Derek (Patrick Dempsey) and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) from ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) from ABC's "Once Upon A Time". Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) from FOX's "Glee" was also nominated.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack