Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is circling "Point Break" remake. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Machine Gun Preacher" star is in final negotiations to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by Patrick Swayze in the original movie.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") wrote the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Directed by "The Hurt Locker" helmer Kathryn Bigelow, the original movie stars Keanu Reeves as FBI Agent Johnny Utah. The "47 Ronin" actor recently ruled out the possibility of him taking part in the remake.
Butler was last seen in White House terrorist-attack movie "Olympus Has Fallen". He will next lend his voice in "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake