Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is circling "Point Break" remake. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Machine Gun Preacher" star is in final negotiations to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by Patrick Swayze in the original movie.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") wrote the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Directed by "The Hurt Locker" helmer Kathryn Bigelow, the original movie stars Keanu Reeves as FBI Agent Johnny Utah. The "47 Ronin" actor recently ruled out the possibility of him taking part in the remake.
Butler was last seen in White House terrorist-attack movie "Olympus Has Fallen". He will next lend his voice in "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards