Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is circling "Point Break" remake. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Machine Gun Preacher" star is in final negotiations to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by Patrick Swayze in the original movie.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") wrote the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Directed by "The Hurt Locker" helmer Kathryn Bigelow, the original movie stars Keanu Reeves as FBI Agent Johnny Utah. The "47 Ronin" actor recently ruled out the possibility of him taking part in the remake.
Butler was last seen in White House terrorist-attack movie "Olympus Has Fallen". He will next lend his voice in "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!