Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is circling "Point Break" remake. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Machine Gun Preacher" star is in final negotiations to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by Patrick Swayze in the original movie.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") wrote the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Directed by "The Hurt Locker" helmer Kathryn Bigelow, the original movie stars Keanu Reeves as FBI Agent Johnny Utah. The "47 Ronin" actor recently ruled out the possibility of him taking part in the remake.
Butler was last seen in White House terrorist-attack movie "Olympus Has Fallen". He will next lend his voice in "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences