Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is circling "Point Break" remake. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Machine Gun Preacher" star is in final negotiations to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by Patrick Swayze in the original movie.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") wrote the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Directed by "The Hurt Locker" helmer Kathryn Bigelow, the original movie stars Keanu Reeves as FBI Agent Johnny Utah. The "47 Ronin" actor recently ruled out the possibility of him taking part in the remake.
Butler was last seen in White House terrorist-attack movie "Olympus Has Fallen". He will next lend his voice in "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?