The Academy to Give Honorary Oscar to Film Lab Employees
For the first time ever in the history of the Scientific and Technical Awards, a large number of individuals, collectively, will be recognized with an Academy Award of Merit. The award is dedicated to "all those who built and operated film laboratories, for over a century of service to the motion picture industry."
Nineteen scientific and technical achievements represented by 52 individual award recipients will be honored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at its annual Scientific and Technical Awards Presentation on Saturday, February 15, at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
This year's honorees will include visual effects supervisor and director of photography Peter W. Anderson and distribution executive Charles "Tad" Marburg. The former will receive the Gordon E. Sawyer Award for technological contributions that have brought credit to the industry, and the latter will receive the John A. Bonner Medal of Commendation for outstanding service and dedication in upholding the high standards of the Academy.
Portion of the Scientific and Technical Awards Presentation will be included in the Oscar broadcast on March 2. The 86th ceremony will be hosted by comedian Ellen DeGeneres at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Angelina Jolie will be feted with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her charity work, while actress Angela Lansbury, actor/producer Steve Martin, and costume designer Piero Tosi are nominated for Academy Honorary Award.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli