The Academy to Give Honorary Oscar to Film Lab Employees
For the first time ever in the history of the Scientific and Technical Awards, a large number of individuals, collectively, will be recognized with an Academy Award of Merit. The award is dedicated to "all those who built and operated film laboratories, for over a century of service to the motion picture industry."
Nineteen scientific and technical achievements represented by 52 individual award recipients will be honored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at its annual Scientific and Technical Awards Presentation on Saturday, February 15, at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
This year's honorees will include visual effects supervisor and director of photography Peter W. Anderson and distribution executive Charles "Tad" Marburg. The former will receive the Gordon E. Sawyer Award for technological contributions that have brought credit to the industry, and the latter will receive the John A. Bonner Medal of Commendation for outstanding service and dedication in upholding the high standards of the Academy.
Portion of the Scientific and Technical Awards Presentation will be included in the Oscar broadcast on March 2. The 86th ceremony will be hosted by comedian Ellen DeGeneres at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Angelina Jolie will be feted with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her charity work, while actress Angela Lansbury, actor/producer Steve Martin, and costume designer Piero Tosi are nominated for Academy Honorary Award.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest