Chris Brown Rejects Plea Deal in Assault Case
Chris Brown and his bodyguard Chris Hollosy made a court appearance on Wednesday, January 8 in Washington D.C. for an assault case which stemmed from an alleged altercation in October. During the court meeting, the prosecutors revealed that they offered plea deals in which Brown pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault, but Brown's team told the court that they rejected it.
"It was rejected because he's not guilty. I've seen everything I need to see in this case, so absent prosecutors turning over video footage of [Brown] doing it, there's little or no chance of any plea deal," Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos told New York Daily News. Geragos additionally said that investigators had not found surveillance video concerning the alleged assault, but the prosecutors said on Wednesday that they found it and would hand it to Brown's team.
Hollosy, who was being prosecuted in the case with Brown, also rejected the plea deal. His lawyer Bernie Grim told the judge, "My client is charged with simple assault, and the plea deal is simple assault." Another court meeting has been set for February 20. Geragos, however, asked the judge to get his client excused from the meeting. "My client is presently in a residential program and loses three days of treatment just doing the traveling," he said.
The "Fine China" singer and his bodyguard were said punching a man during an altercation outside W hotel in Washington D.C. on October 27. The alleged victim, Isaac Adams Parker, said that he was treated at a hospital for broken nose following the incident.
More Chris Brown News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service