Zoe Saldana to Headline NBC's 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries
NBC has found its Rosemary in Zoe Saldana. The Nyota Uhura of "Star Trek Into Darkness" is cast in the lead role of the titular mother for "Rosemary's Baby" miniseries, which the network officially greenlit last December.
On the four-hour miniseries, the "Avatar" beauty will play Rosemary, a wife who moves into an apartment in Paris that has a haunted past with her husband. After getting pregnant, she becomes increasingly suspicious that both her husband and their neighbors have ulterior motives in mind when her child is born.
"Zoe has proven that she is one of our most gifted actresses, and we think she has the perfect combination of spirit and gravitas to take on the title role from Ira Levin's infamous novel," says NBC's head of longform Quinn Taylor. "With Zoe leading the cast under the direction of Agnieszka Holland, this reimagined event miniseries is off to a great start."
The show is based on the 1967 best-selling suspense novel by Ira Levin. The book was previously adapted into a 1968 feature film directed by Roman Polanski with Mia Farrow starring as Rosemary. The big-screen version was set in New York City.
Oscar and Emmy-nominated director Agnieszka Holland has been tapped to tackle the directing duty, while Scott Abbott ("Introducing Dorothy Dandridge") and James Wong ("American Horror Story") write the script. Filming is scheduled to begin shortly in Paris.
"Rosemary's Baby" is not Zaldana's first foray into television. She once guest starred on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and had a recurring role on "Six Degrees". On the big screen, she most recently starred in "Out of the Furnace". She will lend her voice to "Book of Life" and has been cast as Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy".
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage