Leonardo DiCaprio Survived a 'Terrifying' Shark Attack
Leonardo DiCaprio shared an unforgettable experience with audience members as he stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, January 7. The star of "The Wolf of Wall Street" casually mentioned during the show that he was almost eaten by a "gigantic great white" in 2006.
"I had a huge fear of sharks, and when I did 'Blood Diamond' in 2006 I actually got stuck in a cage with a great white, which was awesome," he said. "It was a gigantic great white ... They actually said in 30 years this has never happened, but the tuna kind of got stuck on the top of the cage and the great white leapt out and tried to bite it and went into the cage with me."
"Half of its body was in and out, and I flattened down at the bottom, and it was this far away, and it chomped a few times but I survived it," the "Titanic" star continued saying. DiCaprio actually was in the diving expedition after receiving an invitation from an organization dedicated to protect the animals and the environment.
The actor admitted that the experience scared him, but he praised people who work hard to help the sharks. "I don't want to do that anymore, but I don't want to discount their work because they're doing great stuff. But it was absolutely terrifying," he said.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival