Leonardo DiCaprio Survived a 'Terrifying' Shark Attack
Leonardo DiCaprio shared an unforgettable experience with audience members as he stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, January 7. The star of "The Wolf of Wall Street" casually mentioned during the show that he was almost eaten by a "gigantic great white" in 2006.
"I had a huge fear of sharks, and when I did 'Blood Diamond' in 2006 I actually got stuck in a cage with a great white, which was awesome," he said. "It was a gigantic great white ... They actually said in 30 years this has never happened, but the tuna kind of got stuck on the top of the cage and the great white leapt out and tried to bite it and went into the cage with me."
"Half of its body was in and out, and I flattened down at the bottom, and it was this far away, and it chomped a few times but I survived it," the "Titanic" star continued saying. DiCaprio actually was in the diving expedition after receiving an invitation from an organization dedicated to protect the animals and the environment.
The actor admitted that the experience scared him, but he praised people who work hard to help the sharks. "I don't want to do that anymore, but I don't want to discount their work because they're doing great stuff. But it was absolutely terrifying," he said.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child