Leonardo DiCaprio Survived a 'Terrifying' Shark Attack
Leonardo DiCaprio shared an unforgettable experience with audience members as he stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, January 7. The star of "The Wolf of Wall Street" casually mentioned during the show that he was almost eaten by a "gigantic great white" in 2006.
"I had a huge fear of sharks, and when I did 'Blood Diamond' in 2006 I actually got stuck in a cage with a great white, which was awesome," he said. "It was a gigantic great white ... They actually said in 30 years this has never happened, but the tuna kind of got stuck on the top of the cage and the great white leapt out and tried to bite it and went into the cage with me."
"Half of its body was in and out, and I flattened down at the bottom, and it was this far away, and it chomped a few times but I survived it," the "Titanic" star continued saying. DiCaprio actually was in the diving expedition after receiving an invitation from an organization dedicated to protect the animals and the environment.
The actor admitted that the experience scared him, but he praised people who work hard to help the sharks. "I don't want to do that anymore, but I don't want to discount their work because they're doing great stuff. But it was absolutely terrifying," he said.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'