'Game of Thrones' Promotes Michiel Huisman to Series Regular for Season 5
Michiel Huisman has secured a series regular role for "Game of Thrones" season 5 even before the fourth season airs. The "Nashville" actor, who was initially booked for a multi-episode arc in season 4, has reportedly signed up to return as a full-fledged series regular should the show get picked up for a fifth season.
Huisman was quietly cast to replace Ed Skrein to play Daario Naharis, the new love interest to Daenerys' (Emilia Clarke). The character was first introduced in season 3 as Dany conquered two of three great Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay across the Narrow Sea, Astapor and Yunkai, before heading to Westeros.
Huisman had a role on "Treme" as drug-addicted musician Sonny and still stars on "Nashville" as bad-boy music producer Liam McGuinnis.
Premiere date for season 4 of "GOT" has not been announced but it's expected to air sometime in spring. Meanwhile, the season 3 DVD is going to be released February 18. Kings Langley, a historic town just 20 miles northwest of London, is going to be renamed King's Landing in anticipation of the DVD release.
More Game of Thrones News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?