'Game of Thrones' Promotes Michiel Huisman to Series Regular for Season 5
Michiel Huisman has secured a series regular role for "Game of Thrones" season 5 even before the fourth season airs. The "Nashville" actor, who was initially booked for a multi-episode arc in season 4, has reportedly signed up to return as a full-fledged series regular should the show get picked up for a fifth season.
Huisman was quietly cast to replace Ed Skrein to play Daario Naharis, the new love interest to Daenerys' (Emilia Clarke). The character was first introduced in season 3 as Dany conquered two of three great Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay across the Narrow Sea, Astapor and Yunkai, before heading to Westeros.
Huisman had a role on "Treme" as drug-addicted musician Sonny and still stars on "Nashville" as bad-boy music producer Liam McGuinnis.
Premiere date for season 4 of "GOT" has not been announced but it's expected to air sometime in spring. Meanwhile, the season 3 DVD is going to be released February 18. Kings Langley, a historic town just 20 miles northwest of London, is going to be renamed King's Landing in anticipation of the DVD release.
More Game of Thrones News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby