'Game of Thrones' Promotes Michiel Huisman to Series Regular for Season 5
Michiel Huisman has secured a series regular role for "Game of Thrones" season 5 even before the fourth season airs. The "Nashville" actor, who was initially booked for a multi-episode arc in season 4, has reportedly signed up to return as a full-fledged series regular should the show get picked up for a fifth season.
Huisman was quietly cast to replace Ed Skrein to play Daario Naharis, the new love interest to Daenerys' (Emilia Clarke). The character was first introduced in season 3 as Dany conquered two of three great Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay across the Narrow Sea, Astapor and Yunkai, before heading to Westeros.
Huisman had a role on "Treme" as drug-addicted musician Sonny and still stars on "Nashville" as bad-boy music producer Liam McGuinnis.
Premiere date for season 4 of "GOT" has not been announced but it's expected to air sometime in spring. Meanwhile, the season 3 DVD is going to be released February 18. Kings Langley, a historic town just 20 miles northwest of London, is going to be renamed King's Landing in anticipation of the DVD release.
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart