'Game of Thrones' Promotes Michiel Huisman to Series Regular for Season 5
Michiel Huisman has secured a series regular role for "Game of Thrones" season 5 even before the fourth season airs. The "Nashville" actor, who was initially booked for a multi-episode arc in season 4, has reportedly signed up to return as a full-fledged series regular should the show get picked up for a fifth season.
Huisman was quietly cast to replace Ed Skrein to play Daario Naharis, the new love interest to Daenerys' (Emilia Clarke). The character was first introduced in season 3 as Dany conquered two of three great Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay across the Narrow Sea, Astapor and Yunkai, before heading to Westeros.
Huisman had a role on "Treme" as drug-addicted musician Sonny and still stars on "Nashville" as bad-boy music producer Liam McGuinnis.
Premiere date for season 4 of "GOT" has not been announced but it's expected to air sometime in spring. Meanwhile, the season 3 DVD is going to be released February 18. Kings Langley, a historic town just 20 miles northwest of London, is going to be renamed King's Landing in anticipation of the DVD release.
More Game of Thrones News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle