'Game of Thrones' Promotes Michiel Huisman to Series Regular for Season 5
Michiel Huisman has secured a series regular role for "Game of Thrones" season 5 even before the fourth season airs. The "Nashville" actor, who was initially booked for a multi-episode arc in season 4, has reportedly signed up to return as a full-fledged series regular should the show get picked up for a fifth season.
Huisman was quietly cast to replace Ed Skrein to play Daario Naharis, the new love interest to Daenerys' (Emilia Clarke). The character was first introduced in season 3 as Dany conquered two of three great Slaver Cities of Slaver's Bay across the Narrow Sea, Astapor and Yunkai, before heading to Westeros.
Huisman had a role on "Treme" as drug-addicted musician Sonny and still stars on "Nashville" as bad-boy music producer Liam McGuinnis.
Premiere date for season 4 of "GOT" has not been announced but it's expected to air sometime in spring. Meanwhile, the season 3 DVD is going to be released February 18. Kings Langley, a historic town just 20 miles northwest of London, is going to be renamed King's Landing in anticipation of the DVD release.
More Game of Thrones News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest