Andy Fickman in Talks to Direct 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' Sequel
A sequel to "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" is announced by Sony Pictures. Andy Fickman ("Parental Guidance", "She's the Man") is in negotiations to helm the second film which is eying for an April start date. Adam Sandler returns as a co-producer.
Kevin James is set to reprise his role as the titular overweight cop in "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2". The 48-year-old comedian will also write the screenplay with Nick Bakay, like they did in the first installment which was directed by Steve Carr.
Supported by Jayma Mays as James' on-screen love interest, the first film released in 2009 grossed nearly $200 million globally against a reported budget of $26 million.
In other news, D.J. Caruso ("I Am Number Four") is attached to helm Fox's "Selling Time". Scripted by Dan McDermott, the supernatural thriller will center on a man who trades seven years of his life expectancy for a chance to relive a single day, the worst day of his life. Will Smith is circling the lead role.
"Captain America: The First Avenger" director Joe Johnston, meanwhile, is expected to sit behind the lens for Good Universe's sci-fi "Extinction". The feature film about alien invasion on earth is written by Spenser Cohen and produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says