Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Address Mutant Origins
Bryan Singer sheds some light on what to expect from "X-Men: Apocalypse". While careful not to spill much, the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director confirms that the upcoming eighth "X-Men" film will explore the origin stories of mutants.
"It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that," Singer opens up to Entertainment Weekly. "It's something that's always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers."
"I'm co-writing the story and I'm producing it," says the director confirming the previous Twitter picture that showed his work session with "Days of Future Past" writer Simon Kinberg and "X-Men 2" scribes Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty.
Singer, who helmed the first two "X-Men" films, is also in talks to return as a director for the "Apocalypse". He reveals, "I'm negotiating to direct. We're in the process. We're trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it."
There have been rumors that "Apocalypse" will be teased in the "Days of Future Past", but Singer plays it coy when asked about the matter. "I'm still deciding that," he says. "Something that happens in this movie causes what's going to happen in that movie."
"Days of Future Past" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on May 23. Toad, one of Magneto's allies in the first film, will return in the soon-to-be-released movie. In a separate chat with MTV, actor Evan Jonigkeit confirms he will play Toad's younger version. Ray Park played the agile mutant in the original flick.
"Apocalypse" is set to follow "Days of Future Past" on May 27, 2016.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'