Shia LaBeouf Sent Penis Pictures to Secure 'Nymphomaniac' Role
Shia LaBeouf got an odd request when he was courted for Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac". The former Disney star who eventually landed a role of sleazy Jerome in the sexually-charged drama said he was asked to send the producers pictures of his penis before he got approved.
"The first info we got - and I'll never forget this because my entire team reacted with such fear - the first request from the production end, not Lars, was for pictures of my penis," the ex-"Transformers" actor opened up in a video interview released by the film's Zentropa Productions.
LaBeouf complied with the request. "Lars goes, 'Send him the letter.' The letter was, 'Are you game?' " he recalled. "I guess the first test was, 'Let's time how long it takes this mother***er to send his dick over the Internet.' It was like 20 minutes; they were like, 'All right, kid's ready.' "
Despite the risky demand, he relished the opportunity to play in a darker film. "Previously in my career I'd been the everyman or the normal guy stuck in this extraordinary situation. Jerome was the opportunity to play a slimy, evil, blasphemous, mini-juggernaut of a man," so he explained.
The recent revelation was a bit different from the account LaBeouf gave in an interview with Chelsea Handler last year. He said back then, "I sent him videotapes of me and my girlfriend (then stylist Karolyn Pho) having sex and that's how I got the job."
"Nymphomaniac" will be released in two parts. The first one will be available on VOD March 6 before hitting theaters on March 21, while the second one will arrive in theaters on April 18 after getting a video-on-demand release April 3. It stars Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan Skarsgard, Christian Slater, Jamie Bell, Willem Dafoe, Uma Thurman, Sophie Kennedy Clark, Connie Nielsen and Udo Kier.
Despite LaBeouf's statement that he was willing to do real sex if necessary, producer Louise Vesth once said, "We shot the actors pretending to have sex and then had the body doubles, who really did have sex, and in post (production) we will digital-impose the two. So above the waist it will be the star and then below the waist it will be the doubles."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences