Jennifer Lawrence on Oscar Fall: I Was Thinking About Cake
Jennifer Lawrence reveals that she fell at the 2013 Academy Awards because she was thinking about food. Lawrence graces one of six W magazine's covers for its movie issue. Other stars who are featured in separate covers include Matthew McConaughey, Amy Adams, Lupita Nyong'o, Cate Blanchett and Oprah Winfrey.
On the front page of the magazine which is available on stands now, the star of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" strikes a pose while sitting on a chair. She wears a flowery Dolce & Gabbana bra top and matching briefs. In the February issue, she talks about her infamous fall at the 2013 Academy Awards.
"I was at the Oscars, waiting to hear if my name was called, and I kept thinking, cakewalk, cakewalk, cakewalk," she says. "I thought, Why is 'cakewalk' stuck in my head? And then, as I started to walk up the stairs and the fabric from my dress tucked under my feet, I realized my stylist had told me, 'Kick, walk, kick, walk.' You are supposed to kick the dress out while you walk, and I totally forgot because I was thinking about cake! And that's why I fell."
During the red carpet event for the 85th Academy Awards, the Oscar-winning actress told Ryan Seacrest that she was "starving." Audience members at the Oscars stood and gave her a round of applause after the incident. The 23-year-old star then said on stage, "You guys are only standing up because I fell and you feel bad."
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion