Jennifer Lawrence on Oscar Fall: I Was Thinking About Cake
Jennifer Lawrence reveals that she fell at the 2013 Academy Awards because she was thinking about food. Lawrence graces one of six W magazine's covers for its movie issue. Other stars who are featured in separate covers include Matthew McConaughey, Amy Adams, Lupita Nyong'o, Cate Blanchett and Oprah Winfrey.
On the front page of the magazine which is available on stands now, the star of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" strikes a pose while sitting on a chair. She wears a flowery Dolce & Gabbana bra top and matching briefs. In the February issue, she talks about her infamous fall at the 2013 Academy Awards.
"I was at the Oscars, waiting to hear if my name was called, and I kept thinking, cakewalk, cakewalk, cakewalk," she says. "I thought, Why is 'cakewalk' stuck in my head? And then, as I started to walk up the stairs and the fabric from my dress tucked under my feet, I realized my stylist had told me, 'Kick, walk, kick, walk.' You are supposed to kick the dress out while you walk, and I totally forgot because I was thinking about cake! And that's why I fell."
During the red carpet event for the 85th Academy Awards, the Oscar-winning actress told Ryan Seacrest that she was "starving." Audience members at the Oscars stood and gave her a round of applause after the incident. The 23-year-old star then said on stage, "You guys are only standing up because I fell and you feel bad."
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery