Video: Alex Trebek Spits Rap Lyrics on 'Jeopardy!'
Alex Trebek sparked Internet frenzy after showing his other side on "Jeopardy!". In a Monday, January 6 episode of the game show, the 73-year-old host spit rap lyrics as he gave the clues for "It's a Rap" category.
Trebek, who has hosted the show for 30 years, read famous verses from Notorious B.I.G. ("Juicy"), Beastie Boys ("No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn"), Dr. Dre ("Nuthin' But A G Thang") and Public Enemy ("Timebomb)" among others. A contestant, seemingly amused by his performance, couldn't help laughing after giving the correct answer for the final question in the category.
Trebek later became one of the topics discussed by "Today" anchors on Tuesday morning. "Alex Trebek, usually playing it safe on Jeopardy, but recently he got jiggy with it," said weatherman Al Roker.
Some fans, meanwhile, were concerned that the veteran host had died after his name became a trending topic on Twitter.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo