Video: Alex Trebek Spits Rap Lyrics on 'Jeopardy!'
Alex Trebek sparked Internet frenzy after showing his other side on "Jeopardy!". In a Monday, January 6 episode of the game show, the 73-year-old host spit rap lyrics as he gave the clues for "It's a Rap" category.
Trebek, who has hosted the show for 30 years, read famous verses from Notorious B.I.G. ("Juicy"), Beastie Boys ("No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn"), Dr. Dre ("Nuthin' But A G Thang") and Public Enemy ("Timebomb)" among others. A contestant, seemingly amused by his performance, couldn't help laughing after giving the correct answer for the final question in the category.
Trebek later became one of the topics discussed by "Today" anchors on Tuesday morning. "Alex Trebek, usually playing it safe on Jeopardy, but recently he got jiggy with it," said weatherman Al Roker.
Some fans, meanwhile, were concerned that the veteran host had died after his name became a trending topic on Twitter.
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship