Video: Alex Trebek Spits Rap Lyrics on 'Jeopardy!'
Alex Trebek sparked Internet frenzy after showing his other side on "Jeopardy!". In a Monday, January 6 episode of the game show, the 73-year-old host spit rap lyrics as he gave the clues for "It's a Rap" category.
Trebek, who has hosted the show for 30 years, read famous verses from Notorious B.I.G. ("Juicy"), Beastie Boys ("No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn"), Dr. Dre ("Nuthin' But A G Thang") and Public Enemy ("Timebomb)" among others. A contestant, seemingly amused by his performance, couldn't help laughing after giving the correct answer for the final question in the category.
Trebek later became one of the topics discussed by "Today" anchors on Tuesday morning. "Alex Trebek, usually playing it safe on Jeopardy, but recently he got jiggy with it," said weatherman Al Roker.
Some fans, meanwhile, were concerned that the veteran host had died after his name became a trending topic on Twitter.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli