Video: Alex Trebek Spits Rap Lyrics on 'Jeopardy!'
Alex Trebek sparked Internet frenzy after showing his other side on "Jeopardy!". In a Monday, January 6 episode of the game show, the 73-year-old host spit rap lyrics as he gave the clues for "It's a Rap" category.
Trebek, who has hosted the show for 30 years, read famous verses from Notorious B.I.G. ("Juicy"), Beastie Boys ("No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn"), Dr. Dre ("Nuthin' But A G Thang") and Public Enemy ("Timebomb)" among others. A contestant, seemingly amused by his performance, couldn't help laughing after giving the correct answer for the final question in the category.
Trebek later became one of the topics discussed by "Today" anchors on Tuesday morning. "Alex Trebek, usually playing it safe on Jeopardy, but recently he got jiggy with it," said weatherman Al Roker.
Some fans, meanwhile, were concerned that the veteran host had died after his name became a trending topic on Twitter.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt