Video: Alex Trebek Spits Rap Lyrics on 'Jeopardy!'
Alex Trebek sparked Internet frenzy after showing his other side on "Jeopardy!". In a Monday, January 6 episode of the game show, the 73-year-old host spit rap lyrics as he gave the clues for "It's a Rap" category.
Trebek, who has hosted the show for 30 years, read famous verses from Notorious B.I.G. ("Juicy"), Beastie Boys ("No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn"), Dr. Dre ("Nuthin' But A G Thang") and Public Enemy ("Timebomb)" among others. A contestant, seemingly amused by his performance, couldn't help laughing after giving the correct answer for the final question in the category.
Trebek later became one of the topics discussed by "Today" anchors on Tuesday morning. "Alex Trebek, usually playing it safe on Jeopardy, but recently he got jiggy with it," said weatherman Al Roker.
Some fans, meanwhile, were concerned that the veteran host had died after his name became a trending topic on Twitter.
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record