Katy Perry, Robin Thicke and Metallica Tapped to Perform at Grammys
Some big names in music have been announced as performers at the upcoming Grammy Awards. Katy Perry, Robin Thicke and Metallica will be among singers who are set to take the stage at the event on January 26.
Perry will return to the awards show for the third year in a row. The 29-year-old singer is also vying for the top prizes in Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance categories for "Roar", her hit single off latest album "Prism".
Thicke, who is nominated for multiple awards including Record of the Year for his T.I. and Pharrell Williams-assisted single "Blurred Lines", will appear on the stage with band Chicago.
Meanwhile, Metallica's Grammy performance will mark their first since 1991. They will be joined by Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang.
The musicians are joining Grammy's stellar line-up which has so far included Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, Pink, Nate Ruess of Fun., Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Blake Shelton, Willie Nelson, Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder and Lorde.
In other Grammys-related news, the 20th anniversary edition of the Grammy Nominees album is due out on January 21 via the Recording Academy and Atlantic Records. "[The album] represents some of the great songs and talented artists that make up this year's remarkable nominees, " Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said.
This year's compilation series will feature 18 songs that include Taylor Swift's "Begin Again", Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven", Thicke's "Blurred Lines", Lorde's "Royals" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive".
Grammy Nominees Album Tracklist:
- "Locked Out of Heaven" - Bruno Mars
- "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke Ft. T.I. and Pharrell Williams
- "Royals" - Lorde
- "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons
- "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk Ft. Pharrell Williams
- "Roar" - Katy Perry
- "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake
- "Brave" - Sara Bareilles
- "Same Love" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Ft. Mary Lambert
- "Retrograde" - James Blake
- "Swimming Pools (Drank)" - Kendrick Lamar
- "Lego House" - Ed Sheeran
- "Just Give Me a Reason" - Pink Ft. Nate Ruess
- "Begin Again" - Taylor Swift
- "Mine Would Be You" - Blake Shelton
- "Merry Go Round" - Kacey Musgraves
- "Highway Don't Care" - Tim McGraw Ft. Taylor Swift and Keith Urban
- "Take a Little Ride" - Jason Aldean
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival