Rep Confirms Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner's Nuptials
After 42 years of dating, Lily Tomlin and her girlfriend Jane Wagner tied the knot in a private ceremony in Los Angeles on New Year's Eve. The wedding report, which first came from columnist Liz Smith, has been confirmed by Tomlin's rep.
"They're very happy," the actress' spokesperson, Jennifer Allen, told People on Tuesday, January 7. Other details of the nuptials were kept secret. Smith wrote in her column, "My longtime friends, Lily Tomlin and her love, the writer Jane Wagner, got married on the eve of 2014 ...My wish is that their happiness will be as great as their combined talents."
Tomlin and Wagner started dating in 1971, reportedly after meeting for a project to develop Tomlin's wicked child Edith Ann character. They have collaborated in many other projects throughout the years since. Tomlin starred in the Tony-winning one-woman show "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe" which was written by Wagner.
Back in August, Tomlin told E! News that she and Wagner were "thinking" about getting married after the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was ruled unconstitutional. She said, "You don't really need to get married, but marriage is awfully nice. Everybody I know who got married, they say it really makes a difference. They feel very very happy about it." She added jokingly, "No rings, no bridal dresses. Maybe we'll be dressed like chickens."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off