Rep Confirms Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner's Nuptials
After 42 years of dating, Lily Tomlin and her girlfriend Jane Wagner tied the knot in a private ceremony in Los Angeles on New Year's Eve. The wedding report, which first came from columnist Liz Smith, has been confirmed by Tomlin's rep.
"They're very happy," the actress' spokesperson, Jennifer Allen, told People on Tuesday, January 7. Other details of the nuptials were kept secret. Smith wrote in her column, "My longtime friends, Lily Tomlin and her love, the writer Jane Wagner, got married on the eve of 2014 ...My wish is that their happiness will be as great as their combined talents."
Tomlin and Wagner started dating in 1971, reportedly after meeting for a project to develop Tomlin's wicked child Edith Ann character. They have collaborated in many other projects throughout the years since. Tomlin starred in the Tony-winning one-woman show "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe" which was written by Wagner.
Back in August, Tomlin told E! News that she and Wagner were "thinking" about getting married after the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was ruled unconstitutional. She said, "You don't really need to get married, but marriage is awfully nice. Everybody I know who got married, they say it really makes a difference. They feel very very happy about it." She added jokingly, "No rings, no bridal dresses. Maybe we'll be dressed like chickens."
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'