Rep Confirms Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner's Nuptials
After 42 years of dating, Lily Tomlin and her girlfriend Jane Wagner tied the knot in a private ceremony in Los Angeles on New Year's Eve. The wedding report, which first came from columnist Liz Smith, has been confirmed by Tomlin's rep.
"They're very happy," the actress' spokesperson, Jennifer Allen, told People on Tuesday, January 7. Other details of the nuptials were kept secret. Smith wrote in her column, "My longtime friends, Lily Tomlin and her love, the writer Jane Wagner, got married on the eve of 2014 ...My wish is that their happiness will be as great as their combined talents."
Tomlin and Wagner started dating in 1971, reportedly after meeting for a project to develop Tomlin's wicked child Edith Ann character. They have collaborated in many other projects throughout the years since. Tomlin starred in the Tony-winning one-woman show "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe" which was written by Wagner.
Back in August, Tomlin told E! News that she and Wagner were "thinking" about getting married after the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was ruled unconstitutional. She said, "You don't really need to get married, but marriage is awfully nice. Everybody I know who got married, they say it really makes a difference. They feel very very happy about it." She added jokingly, "No rings, no bridal dresses. Maybe we'll be dressed like chickens."
More Lily Tomlin News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake