Rep Confirms Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner's Nuptials
After 42 years of dating, Lily Tomlin and her girlfriend Jane Wagner tied the knot in a private ceremony in Los Angeles on New Year's Eve. The wedding report, which first came from columnist Liz Smith, has been confirmed by Tomlin's rep.
"They're very happy," the actress' spokesperson, Jennifer Allen, told People on Tuesday, January 7. Other details of the nuptials were kept secret. Smith wrote in her column, "My longtime friends, Lily Tomlin and her love, the writer Jane Wagner, got married on the eve of 2014 ...My wish is that their happiness will be as great as their combined talents."
Tomlin and Wagner started dating in 1971, reportedly after meeting for a project to develop Tomlin's wicked child Edith Ann character. They have collaborated in many other projects throughout the years since. Tomlin starred in the Tony-winning one-woman show "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe" which was written by Wagner.
Back in August, Tomlin told E! News that she and Wagner were "thinking" about getting married after the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was ruled unconstitutional. She said, "You don't really need to get married, but marriage is awfully nice. Everybody I know who got married, they say it really makes a difference. They feel very very happy about it." She added jokingly, "No rings, no bridal dresses. Maybe we'll be dressed like chickens."
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs