Common Releases New Single 'War'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
Shortly after announcing his album, "Nobody Smiling", Common released the first track off the forthcoming record. In the song entitled "War", the Chicago rapper describes the rough socioeconomic and cultural issues in his hometown.
"To all the killas and the hundred dolla billas/ Real hittas who ain't got no feelings," raps Common over the marching beat. At the end of the track, Common can be heard talking about the concept of his tenth solo studio effort.
"The direction was we, we came up with this concept, 'Nobody Smiling' was really a thought that came about because of all the violence that was going on in Chicago, or that is going on. I like to say 'was' cause we gon' bring it in for wishing that it's gonna stop. You know and uh, all the violence that was going on - it happens in Chicago but it's happening around the world in many ways," he says.
"You know, it may not be to the numbers that's happening in Chicago but it's happening in the inner cities all over America so we're talking about the conditions of what's happening when I said 'Nobody Smiling' but it's really a call to action," he adds.
Common's "Nobody Smiling" will be produced by No I.D. The 41-year-old rapper hasn't set the release date for the album.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?