Common Releases New Single 'War'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
Shortly after announcing his album, "Nobody Smiling", Common released the first track off the forthcoming record. In the song entitled "War", the Chicago rapper describes the rough socioeconomic and cultural issues in his hometown.
"To all the killas and the hundred dolla billas/ Real hittas who ain't got no feelings," raps Common over the marching beat. At the end of the track, Common can be heard talking about the concept of his tenth solo studio effort.
"The direction was we, we came up with this concept, 'Nobody Smiling' was really a thought that came about because of all the violence that was going on in Chicago, or that is going on. I like to say 'was' cause we gon' bring it in for wishing that it's gonna stop. You know and uh, all the violence that was going on - it happens in Chicago but it's happening around the world in many ways," he says.
"You know, it may not be to the numbers that's happening in Chicago but it's happening in the inner cities all over America so we're talking about the conditions of what's happening when I said 'Nobody Smiling' but it's really a call to action," he adds.
Common's "Nobody Smiling" will be produced by No I.D. The 41-year-old rapper hasn't set the release date for the album.
More Common News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch