Common Releases New Single 'War'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
Shortly after announcing his album, "Nobody Smiling", Common released the first track off the forthcoming record. In the song entitled "War", the Chicago rapper describes the rough socioeconomic and cultural issues in his hometown.
"To all the killas and the hundred dolla billas/ Real hittas who ain't got no feelings," raps Common over the marching beat. At the end of the track, Common can be heard talking about the concept of his tenth solo studio effort.
"The direction was we, we came up with this concept, 'Nobody Smiling' was really a thought that came about because of all the violence that was going on in Chicago, or that is going on. I like to say 'was' cause we gon' bring it in for wishing that it's gonna stop. You know and uh, all the violence that was going on - it happens in Chicago but it's happening around the world in many ways," he says.
"You know, it may not be to the numbers that's happening in Chicago but it's happening in the inner cities all over America so we're talking about the conditions of what's happening when I said 'Nobody Smiling' but it's really a call to action," he adds.
Common's "Nobody Smiling" will be produced by No I.D. The 41-year-old rapper hasn't set the release date for the album.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'