Common Releases New Single 'War'
Shortly after announcing his album, "Nobody Smiling", Common released the first track off the forthcoming record. In the song entitled "War", the Chicago rapper describes the rough socioeconomic and cultural issues in his hometown.
"To all the killas and the hundred dolla billas/ Real hittas who ain't got no feelings," raps Common over the marching beat. At the end of the track, Common can be heard talking about the concept of his tenth solo studio effort.
"The direction was we, we came up with this concept, 'Nobody Smiling' was really a thought that came about because of all the violence that was going on in Chicago, or that is going on. I like to say 'was' cause we gon' bring it in for wishing that it's gonna stop. You know and uh, all the violence that was going on - it happens in Chicago but it's happening around the world in many ways," he says.
"You know, it may not be to the numbers that's happening in Chicago but it's happening in the inner cities all over America so we're talking about the conditions of what's happening when I said 'Nobody Smiling' but it's really a call to action," he adds.
Common's "Nobody Smiling" will be produced by No I.D. The 41-year-old rapper hasn't set the release date for the album.
More Common News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna