Robin Roberts Says She Is Happy and Healthy, Shares Photo of Girlfriend
Robin Roberts (II) talked about her girlfriend Amber Laign in an episode of "Good Morning America" and shared a photo of her and other family members while on air. In the Monday, January 6 episode, Roberts showed a photo of her and Laign which was taken during the wedding of Roberts' niece.
Roberts explained the photo, saying, "Next to me is my girlfriend, Amber, and my sister-in-law, Cynthia, and my brother, Butch. And it was a glorious, glorious time that weekend." Her co-anchor George Stephanopoulos replied, "You all look so happy there. And Robin, it was no surprise to any of us, but in your end of the year post, you did tell everyone about Amber and about your relationship, and ... I hope that was a good experience for you."
"I have never been happier or healthier than I am right now and my year-end post was just full of gratitude and just telling everyone all that I'm grateful for, including my girlfriend Amber who really loved me through a difficult year," Roberts said on the show.
In a phone interview with New York Daily News on Monday, Laign's mother said that she and her husband were happy for their daughter after Roberts went public with their romance. "Her father and I are thrilled to death. It's not a shock to us. The only shock is how interested everyone else is," she said. "Our family is very happy. We're just thrilled to death for them and wishing them the best of luck. Robin is just like a daughter to me. She's the best."
The newscaster revealed her sexual preference in a Facebook post in late December 2013. She was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder in 2012 and underwent a bone marrow transplant. In the Facebook post, she thanked Laign, her sister and others who helped her during her recovery.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame