NBC Orders Craig Robinson's Sitcom, ABC Family Picks Up Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth's Comedy
Craig Robinson is returning to NBC after "The Office" wrapped up last summer. The network has given a six-episode series order to "Mr. Robinson", which will be headlined by the Darryl Philbin of the canceled mockumentary.
The revamped single-camera comedy, which has been in development at the Peacock for more than a year, follows a musician who gets a job as a music teacher at a middle school. "While teaching the kids everything from rock to the blues, he simultaneously learns how to put the school's rules to the test," so NBC describes the character.
Former "The Office" executive producer Greg Daniels was initially on board the project but is no longer involved now. Mark Cullen and Robb Cullen will serve as showrunners and executive producers. Howard Klein and Mark Schulman are additionally set to executive produce.
In another new series pick-up report, ABC Family has added two new original series to its comedy slate. The network has ordered "Mystery Girls" and "Young & Hungry" to series. Both shows will start production in Los Angeles soon for a premiere later this year.
"Mystery Girls" stars and is executive produced by "90210" alumnae Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth. They will play two former detective TV show starlets who are brought back together by a real-life mystery.
Meanwhile, in "Young & Hungry" from executive producer Ashley Tisdale, two worlds collide when a wealthy young tech entrepreneur meets a feisty young food blogger, looking to be his personal chef. Emily Osment takes one of the lead roles.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal