Troian Bellisario Reveals Past Self-Harming Tendency
Troian Bellisario talks about self-harming issues, happiness and beauty with Seventeen for its February issue. In an interview for the spread, the actress who plays Spencer Hastings on popular ABC series "Pretty Little Liars" says that she had self-harming tendency when she was younger.
"I started self-harming when I was a junior. I would withhold food or withhold going out with my friends, based on how well I did that day in school," she reveals. "I didn't know what was right and what was wrong, so I think I created this bizarre system of checks and balances to create order in my world. But it really backfired."
When asked about what makes her happy, the actress answers that being around people who love her back, friends and family, brings much happiness. "Whenever I get down, when I want to crawl under a rock, I just look around at them and I see how rich my life is. You have to remember what's most important in life. I am loved by so many people and have a wonderful job. I know I'm incredibly blessed. I am a completely lucky human being," she explains.
In addition to her struggle as a teenager, Bellisario reveals things which make her feel beautiful. "I love being natural. I never feel more beautiful then after I've been to the beach and my hair's just a crazy mess of salt curls, or when I've just been outside all day hiking. I feel like my skin is at its most beautiful during those times, too - so I try not to do a lot," Bellisario says.
More Troian Bellisario News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert