'The Bachelor' Season 18 Premiere: Juan Pablo Eliminates 9 Ladies on First Night
Juan Pablo Galavis has officially kicked off his search for "the one" on "The Bachelor" season 18 premiere. The two-hour episode airing January 6 saw the former Venezuelan soccer player meeting the 27 ladies for the first time, but at the end of the night only 18 remained on the show.
As teased before, there were some awkward first encounters, with nurse Nikki bringing a stethoscope to let him listen to her heart beat, and "ocean person" Lucy going barefoot. There were also tears as Lauren H. cried a lot when revealing her heartbreaking experience of her being left by her last boyfriend.
Real estate agent Renee attracted Juan Pablo with her story about her relationship with her son. Massage therapist Amy J. also left quite an impression as she gave him a massage on their first one-on-one time.
After the introduction, Juan Pablo presented the first impression rose to an opera singer from Germany, Sharleen, who also got to spend a one-on-one time with the hunk. Shockingly, Sharleen wasn't that excited, admitting to the camera that she didn't feel the "insta-chemistry."
Juan Pablo handed out the remaining flowers to 17 other ladies, including Nikki, Renee, Amy J. and Lucy. Meanwhile, Alexis, Amy J., Ashley, Christine L, Kylie, Lacy, Lauren H., Maggie and Valerie were not that lucky and got sent home.
More The Bachelor News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics