Edgar Wright Teases Two Protagonists for 'Ant-Man' Movie
Edgar Wright sent "Ant-Man" fans into frenzy on Monday, January 6. The director dropped a hint that could be a clue on what to expect from the upcoming film adaptation. In a post titled "Homework", he uploaded a picture from animated series "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes".
The screencap taken from episode called "To Steal an Ant-Man" features hands reaching toward the "Ant-Man" helmet. Based on "Marvel Premiere #47", the outing follows the future Ant-Man, Scott Lang, stealing original Ant-Man equipment from inventor Hank Pym and using it to commit crimes.
Although nothing has been set in stone, producer Kevin Feige once called the "Ant-Man" adaptation a "heist film." Wright himself said in a 2006 interview with SuperheroHype that the idea "for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang."
"So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up w ith him," the director revealed.
The movie is set for U.S. release on July 31, 2015. Paul Rudd is tapped to portray the titular hero. His casting was announced after his rumored competitor Joseph Gordon-Levitt announced his commitment to another superhero film "Sandman".
More Ant-Man News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked