Michael Bay Says 'Live Shows Aren't My Thing' After Stage Meltdown
Michael Bay just had an embarrassing experience at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The "Transformers" director took the stage at Samsung's press event on Monday, January 6 to introduce its new 105-inch ultra high-definition TV, but he fled after he suffered technical glitches during the presentation and apparently was unable to ad-lib.
At that time, Bay told the audience that as a director he dreamed for a living. The teleprompter then had problems and the director said, "Ahh, the type is all off, sorry. But I'll just wing this... we'll wing it right now." The situation became awkward after the device still did not work properly. Bay quit the stage abruptly, saying, "Excuse me, I'm sorry. I'm sorry," leaving Executive Vice President of Samsung Electronics America Joe Stinziano to finish the presentation.
The director then took to his blog to talk about the incident. "Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES - I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down - then I walked off. I guess live shows aren't my thing," he said.
Bay added, "But I'm doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and 'Transformers 4' footage that will be traveling around the world." The TV can change from flat to curve with the touch of a button.
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot