Madonna Fired Back at Comments About Picture of Her Son
Madonna came under fire after posting a photo of her son Rocco Ritchie holding a liquor bottle. The pop queen shared an Instagram picture of the 13-year-old holding a bottle of gin and surrounded by two vodka bottles.
The snap was taken at posh ski resort Gstaat, Switzerland where Madonna and her family spent the holiday. "The party has just begun! Bring it! 2014," Madonna captioned. Rocco is way under the legal drinking age in both United States (21 years old) and Switzerland (16 years old).
In less than 24 hours after the photo was posted, it received more than a thousand comments, most of them bashing Madonna. "Dislike big dislike nothing like promoting underage drinking madonna duhhhhhhh," one user wrote. Another commented, "You gotta know what kind of signals it sends not only to her son, but also to kids around the world."
Rocco himself posted a photo of him and a pal behind the counter, writing "Me and @dom_sesto work hard behind the bar tonight #faded". Madonna later addressed the backlash, captioning in another Instagram, "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humor! Don't start the year off with judgement!"
More Madonna News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones