Madonna Fired Back at Comments About Picture of Her Son
Madonna came under fire after posting a photo of her son Rocco Ritchie holding a liquor bottle. The pop queen shared an Instagram picture of the 13-year-old holding a bottle of gin and surrounded by two vodka bottles.
The snap was taken at posh ski resort Gstaat, Switzerland where Madonna and her family spent the holiday. "The party has just begun! Bring it! 2014," Madonna captioned. Rocco is way under the legal drinking age in both United States (21 years old) and Switzerland (16 years old).
In less than 24 hours after the photo was posted, it received more than a thousand comments, most of them bashing Madonna. "Dislike big dislike nothing like promoting underage drinking madonna duhhhhhhh," one user wrote. Another commented, "You gotta know what kind of signals it sends not only to her son, but also to kids around the world."
Rocco himself posted a photo of him and a pal behind the counter, writing "Me and @dom_sesto work hard behind the bar tonight #faded". Madonna later addressed the backlash, captioning in another Instagram, "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humor! Don't start the year off with judgement!"
More Madonna News
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof