'The Young and the Restless' Star Fired for Allegedly Groping Co-Star
Michael Muhney was abruptly fired from "The Young and the Restless" last month and now the cause has possibly been revealed. Sources say the actor was let go for groping his co-star, Hunter King.
According to TMZ, 20-year-old King who plays Summer complained to the show's producers that Muhney had fondled her boobs on 2 occasions, both were unsolicited and unwanted. The 38-year-old actor allegedly also bullied and harassed King and others on the set.
Muhney has not responded to the allegations. He, however, admitted that he's to blame for his firing. "I saw it coming, and I didn't see it coming. I suspected it could happen, but I didn't think that it really would," he said in an interview with Canada's Huffington Post after getting fired.
"Part of me feels this is because I've always been outspoken, and sometimes I've been too outspoken. Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack full of hubris. That is entirely on me."
Muhney, who is married with three kids, played Adam Newman on "Y&R" since 2009. He will last appear on the CBS daytime soap opera in a January 30 episode. The character will be portrayed by a new actor after a three- to six-month break.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments