'The Young and the Restless' Star Fired for Allegedly Groping Co-Star
Michael Muhney was abruptly fired from "The Young and the Restless" last month and now the cause has possibly been revealed. Sources say the actor was let go for groping his co-star, Hunter King.
According to TMZ, 20-year-old King who plays Summer complained to the show's producers that Muhney had fondled her boobs on 2 occasions, both were unsolicited and unwanted. The 38-year-old actor allegedly also bullied and harassed King and others on the set.
Muhney has not responded to the allegations. He, however, admitted that he's to blame for his firing. "I saw it coming, and I didn't see it coming. I suspected it could happen, but I didn't think that it really would," he said in an interview with Canada's Huffington Post after getting fired.
"Part of me feels this is because I've always been outspoken, and sometimes I've been too outspoken. Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack full of hubris. That is entirely on me."
Muhney, who is married with three kids, played Adam Newman on "Y&R" since 2009. He will last appear on the CBS daytime soap opera in a January 30 episode. The character will be portrayed by a new actor after a three- to six-month break.
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser