Lady GaGa Explains 'Do What U Want' Video Delay, Feels 'Betrayed' on 'ARTPOP'
Last month, Lady GaGa told fans that she and R. Kelly were preparing a music video for their collaboration, "Do What U Want". However, there's still no information on when exactly the Terry Richardson-directed clip will arrive in full.
On Sunday, January 5, GaGa addressed the video delay in a lengthy statement posted on her Little Monster website. "It is late because, just like with the 'Applause' video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it," she wrote.
"It is very devastating for someone like me, I devote every moment of my life to creating fantasies for you. All my most successful videos were planned over a period of time when I was rested and my creativity was honored," she explained.
GaGa then vented her disappointment, saying that she's betrayed by people who worked with her. "Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health and left me on my own to damage control any problems that ensued as a result. Millions of dollars are not enough for some people. They want billions. Then they need trillions. I was not enough for some people. They wanted more," she continued.
The New York native also said, "The next few months of 'ARTPOP' will truly be its beginning. Because those who did not care about 'ARTPOP''s success are now gone, and the dreams I have been planning can now come to fruition."
"I never thought after all the years of hard work that those I called friends and partners would ever care so little at a time I needed them the most. Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you," she added and apologized to her fans, "Forgive me monsters. Forgive me 'ARTPOP'. You are my whole world."
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story