Lady GaGa Explains 'Do What U Want' Video Delay, Feels 'Betrayed' on 'ARTPOP'
Last month, Lady GaGa told fans that she and R. Kelly were preparing a music video for their collaboration, "Do What U Want". However, there's still no information on when exactly the Terry Richardson-directed clip will arrive in full.
On Sunday, January 5, GaGa addressed the video delay in a lengthy statement posted on her Little Monster website. "It is late because, just like with the 'Applause' video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it," she wrote.
"It is very devastating for someone like me, I devote every moment of my life to creating fantasies for you. All my most successful videos were planned over a period of time when I was rested and my creativity was honored," she explained.
GaGa then vented her disappointment, saying that she's betrayed by people who worked with her. "Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health and left me on my own to damage control any problems that ensued as a result. Millions of dollars are not enough for some people. They want billions. Then they need trillions. I was not enough for some people. They wanted more," she continued.
The New York native also said, "The next few months of 'ARTPOP' will truly be its beginning. Because those who did not care about 'ARTPOP''s success are now gone, and the dreams I have been planning can now come to fruition."
"I never thought after all the years of hard work that those I called friends and partners would ever care so little at a time I needed them the most. Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you," she added and apologized to her fans, "Forgive me monsters. Forgive me 'ARTPOP'. You are my whole world."
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival