Artist of the Week: Kid Ink
Kid Ink starts 2014 by releasing a new album called "My Own Lane". After being pushed back from its original December release date, the rapper's second studio album is now set to hit the stores on January 7 via RCA Records.
"My Own Lane" marks Ink's first album to be released through major record label. It will feature guest appearances from Chris Brown, Tyga, Pusha T, Elle Varner, Machine Gun Kelly, Meek Mill, Wale, French Montana and A$AP Ferg among others.
In an interview with Hot 93.7 late last year, Ink explained the meaning of his new album title. " 'My Own Lane' is my struggle, because I came from a producer background and I listen to all kinds of different music and don't really limit myself to what I do," he explained.
"It's hard for people to categorize me in a specific lane, and be like 'He's this kind of artist.' There's so many different areas I'm pulling from, I have to just create my own lane, in a sense," he continued.
He also revealed what fans could expect from the new record, saying, "If you've heard any of my mixtapes, I try to reach everything- I want to get some club records in there, I want to be in the club, in the car, in the house, on a beach cruise, I'm trying to get all the vibes in there."
Ink has collaborated with several big names in music industry in the past, but he still has some names he wants to work with in the future. "I would love to get in the studio with [Kanye West] and just see what the vibe is, because I know that's somebody who doesn't really have limits with music," he said.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby