Sarah Hyland 'Not Ok' With Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Cinderella' Casting
Sarah Hyland was not impressed with Carly Rae Jepsen's casting as Cinderella on Broadway. The "Modern Family" star tweeted, "Today's a meltdown day. Carly Rae jepsen is going to be cinderella??? On broadway???? NOT OK WITH THIS. Tell me it's gonna be ok @LauraOsnes."
Laura Osnes is currently playing the rags-to-riches character on the stage production. The actress who received a Tony nomination for the role will leave after her yearlong run completes this month. Then, Jepsen will slip into the glass slippers starting February 4 for a limited 12-week run.
Apparently realizing that her comment sounded so negative, Hyland quickly added, "Hoping she will be amazing. I'm hesitant though...." To prevent further controversy, she went on, "Too avoid anyone assuming things? My previous tweets do not mean that I'm not a Carly Rae Jepsen fan. The end."
The play will mark Jepsen's Broadway debut. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker has been dreaming of acting in NYC theatre since she was in high school performing in school productions of "Grease", "The Wiz" and "Annie". After graduating, she went to the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7