Sarah Hyland 'Not Ok' With Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Cinderella' Casting
Sarah Hyland was not impressed with Carly Rae Jepsen's casting as Cinderella on Broadway. The "Modern Family" star tweeted, "Today's a meltdown day. Carly Rae jepsen is going to be cinderella??? On broadway???? NOT OK WITH THIS. Tell me it's gonna be ok @LauraOsnes."
Laura Osnes is currently playing the rags-to-riches character on the stage production. The actress who received a Tony nomination for the role will leave after her yearlong run completes this month. Then, Jepsen will slip into the glass slippers starting February 4 for a limited 12-week run.
Apparently realizing that her comment sounded so negative, Hyland quickly added, "Hoping she will be amazing. I'm hesitant though...." To prevent further controversy, she went on, "Too avoid anyone assuming things? My previous tweets do not mean that I'm not a Carly Rae Jepsen fan. The end."
The play will mark Jepsen's Broadway debut. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker has been dreaming of acting in NYC theatre since she was in high school performing in school productions of "Grease", "The Wiz" and "Annie". After graduating, she went to the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
More Sarah Hyland News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!