Sarah Hyland 'Not Ok' With Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Cinderella' Casting
Sarah Hyland was not impressed with Carly Rae Jepsen's casting as Cinderella on Broadway. The "Modern Family" star tweeted, "Today's a meltdown day. Carly Rae jepsen is going to be cinderella??? On broadway???? NOT OK WITH THIS. Tell me it's gonna be ok @LauraOsnes."
Laura Osnes is currently playing the rags-to-riches character on the stage production. The actress who received a Tony nomination for the role will leave after her yearlong run completes this month. Then, Jepsen will slip into the glass slippers starting February 4 for a limited 12-week run.
Apparently realizing that her comment sounded so negative, Hyland quickly added, "Hoping she will be amazing. I'm hesitant though...." To prevent further controversy, she went on, "Too avoid anyone assuming things? My previous tweets do not mean that I'm not a Carly Rae Jepsen fan. The end."
The play will mark Jepsen's Broadway debut. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker has been dreaming of acting in NYC theatre since she was in high school performing in school productions of "Grease", "The Wiz" and "Annie". After graduating, she went to the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest