Sarah Hyland 'Not Ok' With Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Cinderella' Casting
Sarah Hyland was not impressed with Carly Rae Jepsen's casting as Cinderella on Broadway. The "Modern Family" star tweeted, "Today's a meltdown day. Carly Rae jepsen is going to be cinderella??? On broadway???? NOT OK WITH THIS. Tell me it's gonna be ok @LauraOsnes."
Laura Osnes is currently playing the rags-to-riches character on the stage production. The actress who received a Tony nomination for the role will leave after her yearlong run completes this month. Then, Jepsen will slip into the glass slippers starting February 4 for a limited 12-week run.
Apparently realizing that her comment sounded so negative, Hyland quickly added, "Hoping she will be amazing. I'm hesitant though...." To prevent further controversy, she went on, "Too avoid anyone assuming things? My previous tweets do not mean that I'm not a Carly Rae Jepsen fan. The end."
The play will mark Jepsen's Broadway debut. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker has been dreaming of acting in NYC theatre since she was in high school performing in school productions of "Grease", "The Wiz" and "Annie". After graduating, she went to the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding