Sarah Hyland 'Not Ok' With Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Cinderella' Casting
Sarah Hyland was not impressed with Carly Rae Jepsen's casting as Cinderella on Broadway. The "Modern Family" star tweeted, "Today's a meltdown day. Carly Rae jepsen is going to be cinderella??? On broadway???? NOT OK WITH THIS. Tell me it's gonna be ok @LauraOsnes."
Laura Osnes is currently playing the rags-to-riches character on the stage production. The actress who received a Tony nomination for the role will leave after her yearlong run completes this month. Then, Jepsen will slip into the glass slippers starting February 4 for a limited 12-week run.
Apparently realizing that her comment sounded so negative, Hyland quickly added, "Hoping she will be amazing. I'm hesitant though...." To prevent further controversy, she went on, "Too avoid anyone assuming things? My previous tweets do not mean that I'm not a Carly Rae Jepsen fan. The end."
The play will mark Jepsen's Broadway debut. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker has been dreaming of acting in NYC theatre since she was in high school performing in school productions of "Grease", "The Wiz" and "Annie". After graduating, she went to the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars