Jenny McCarthy Slams 'Ridiculous' Rumor That Her Son Doesn't Have Autism
Jenny McCarthy is upset after false rumor suggesting that her son Evan actually does not have autism emerged on Friday, January 3. The co-host on "The View" quickly took to Twitter to address the report, saying that the report was "irresponsible and inaccurate."
"Stories circulating online, claiming that I said my son Evan may not have autism after all, are blatantly inaccurate and completely ridiculous," she wrote. "Evan was diagnosed with autism by the Autism Evaluation Clinic at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital and was confirmed by the State of California (through their Regional Center). The implication that I have changed my position, that my child was not initially diagnosed with autism (and instead may suffer from Landau-Kleffner Syndrome), is both irresponsible and inaccurate."
"These stories cite a 'new' Time Magazine interview with me, which was actually published in 2010, that never contained any such statements by me," she continued, adding that she considered legal action against people who spread the rumor. "Continued misrepresentations, such as these, only serve to open wounds of the many families who are courageously dealing with this disorder. Please know that I am taking every legal measure necessary to set this straight."
McCarthy and her former husband John Asher welcomed their son in 2002. The boy was diagnosed with the disorder in 2005. She is now dating Donnie Wahlberg, who is "nothing short of awesome" with Evan.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up