Jenny McCarthy Slams 'Ridiculous' Rumor That Her Son Doesn't Have Autism
Jenny McCarthy is upset after false rumor suggesting that her son Evan actually does not have autism emerged on Friday, January 3. The co-host on "The View" quickly took to Twitter to address the report, saying that the report was "irresponsible and inaccurate."
"Stories circulating online, claiming that I said my son Evan may not have autism after all, are blatantly inaccurate and completely ridiculous," she wrote. "Evan was diagnosed with autism by the Autism Evaluation Clinic at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital and was confirmed by the State of California (through their Regional Center). The implication that I have changed my position, that my child was not initially diagnosed with autism (and instead may suffer from Landau-Kleffner Syndrome), is both irresponsible and inaccurate."
"These stories cite a 'new' Time Magazine interview with me, which was actually published in 2010, that never contained any such statements by me," she continued, adding that she considered legal action against people who spread the rumor. "Continued misrepresentations, such as these, only serve to open wounds of the many families who are courageously dealing with this disorder. Please know that I am taking every legal measure necessary to set this straight."
McCarthy and her former husband John Asher welcomed their son in 2002. The boy was diagnosed with the disorder in 2005. She is now dating Donnie Wahlberg, who is "nothing short of awesome" with Evan.
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'