Jenny McCarthy Slams 'Ridiculous' Rumor That Her Son Doesn't Have Autism
Jenny McCarthy is upset after false rumor suggesting that her son Evan actually does not have autism emerged on Friday, January 3. The co-host on "The View" quickly took to Twitter to address the report, saying that the report was "irresponsible and inaccurate."
"Stories circulating online, claiming that I said my son Evan may not have autism after all, are blatantly inaccurate and completely ridiculous," she wrote. "Evan was diagnosed with autism by the Autism Evaluation Clinic at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital and was confirmed by the State of California (through their Regional Center). The implication that I have changed my position, that my child was not initially diagnosed with autism (and instead may suffer from Landau-Kleffner Syndrome), is both irresponsible and inaccurate."
"These stories cite a 'new' Time Magazine interview with me, which was actually published in 2010, that never contained any such statements by me," she continued, adding that she considered legal action against people who spread the rumor. "Continued misrepresentations, such as these, only serve to open wounds of the many families who are courageously dealing with this disorder. Please know that I am taking every legal measure necessary to set this straight."
McCarthy and her former husband John Asher welcomed their son in 2002. The boy was diagnosed with the disorder in 2005. She is now dating Donnie Wahlberg, who is "nothing short of awesome" with Evan.
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity