Steven Seagal Considers Running for Arizona Governor
Steven Seagal made headlines after he said that he was considering running for Arizona governor. The action movie star made the statement while talking about his new reality series "Steven Seagal: Lawman - Maricopa County", KNXV TV reports.
The 61-year-old martial arts expert explained that he had talked to Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed toughest sheriff in America, about the run. "Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities that may be more important to address," he said. In the interview, Seagal also stated that he wanted to increase border security.
Seagal, who has a 7th dan black belt in Aikido, collaborated with the Maricopa County Sheriff for the show which is shot in Arizona and airs on cable TV's Reelz Channel. The "Under Siege" star is a member of Sheriff Arpaio's posse, which is made up of 7,000 civilians. He additionally deputized with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana.
Seagal is not the only celebrity who wanted to take part in politics. Arnold Schwarzenegger served as the governor of California between 2003 and 2011.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory