Steven Seagal Considers Running for Arizona Governor
Steven Seagal made headlines after he said that he was considering running for Arizona governor. The action movie star made the statement while talking about his new reality series "Steven Seagal: Lawman - Maricopa County", KNXV TV reports.
The 61-year-old martial arts expert explained that he had talked to Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed toughest sheriff in America, about the run. "Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities that may be more important to address," he said. In the interview, Seagal also stated that he wanted to increase border security.
Seagal, who has a 7th dan black belt in Aikido, collaborated with the Maricopa County Sheriff for the show which is shot in Arizona and airs on cable TV's Reelz Channel. The "Under Siege" star is a member of Sheriff Arpaio's posse, which is made up of 7,000 civilians. He additionally deputized with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana.
Seagal is not the only celebrity who wanted to take part in politics. Arnold Schwarzenegger served as the governor of California between 2003 and 2011.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'