Steven Seagal Considers Running for Arizona Governor
Steven Seagal made headlines after he said that he was considering running for Arizona governor. The action movie star made the statement while talking about his new reality series "Steven Seagal: Lawman - Maricopa County", KNXV TV reports.
The 61-year-old martial arts expert explained that he had talked to Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed toughest sheriff in America, about the run. "Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities that may be more important to address," he said. In the interview, Seagal also stated that he wanted to increase border security.
Seagal, who has a 7th dan black belt in Aikido, collaborated with the Maricopa County Sheriff for the show which is shot in Arizona and airs on cable TV's Reelz Channel. The "Under Siege" star is a member of Sheriff Arpaio's posse, which is made up of 7,000 civilians. He additionally deputized with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana.
Seagal is not the only celebrity who wanted to take part in politics. Arnold Schwarzenegger served as the governor of California between 2003 and 2011.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves