'Star Wars Episode 7' Scribe Lawrence Kasdan Tapped to Write Boba Fett Spinoff
A new tidbit of "Star Wars" standalone movies hit the web. Lawrence Kasdan, who was brought in to pen "Star Wars Episode 7" with director J.J. Abrams after screenwriter Michael Arndt left, is tapped to work on the screenplay for a spinoff which focused on Boba Fett.
Jon Schnepp, the director of TV show "Metalocalypse", says of the spinoff projects in an interview with AMC Movie Talk, "One of them is Boba Fett." He spills further, "It is. I know. I know for a fact. I will never reveal my source, but it is the one written by Lawrence Kasdan."
The upcoming flicks that focus on the "origin stories" are set to be released between the entries of Abram's "Star Wars" rebooted trilogy. "Episode 7" is due December 18, 2015, "Star Wars Episode 8" will follow in 2017 and "Star Wars Episode 9" in 2019.
One of the standalone movies was rumored to deal with the young Han Solo, and the other will revolve around Boba's younger years. Kasdan did once say that he was hard at work to "start fresh" with an untitled stand-alone Star Wars film, but he didn't say which story he was exploring.
Kasdan has worked with "Star Wars" creator George Lucas numerous times before. He once wrote the screenplay for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and served as a co-screenwriter for "Star Wars" films "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi".
More Rogue One: A Star Wars Story News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences