'Star Wars Episode 7' Scribe Lawrence Kasdan Tapped to Write Boba Fett Spinoff
A new tidbit of "Star Wars" standalone movies hit the web. Lawrence Kasdan, who was brought in to pen "Star Wars Episode 7" with director J.J. Abrams after screenwriter Michael Arndt left, is tapped to work on the screenplay for a spinoff which focused on Boba Fett.
Jon Schnepp, the director of TV show "Metalocalypse", says of the spinoff projects in an interview with AMC Movie Talk, "One of them is Boba Fett." He spills further, "It is. I know. I know for a fact. I will never reveal my source, but it is the one written by Lawrence Kasdan."
The upcoming flicks that focus on the "origin stories" are set to be released between the entries of Abram's "Star Wars" rebooted trilogy. "Episode 7" is due December 18, 2015, "Star Wars Episode 8" will follow in 2017 and "Star Wars Episode 9" in 2019.
One of the standalone movies was rumored to deal with the young Han Solo, and the other will revolve around Boba's younger years. Kasdan did once say that he was hard at work to "start fresh" with an untitled stand-alone Star Wars film, but he didn't say which story he was exploring.
Kasdan has worked with "Star Wars" creator George Lucas numerous times before. He once wrote the screenplay for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and served as a co-screenwriter for "Star Wars" films "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi".
More Rogue One: A Star Wars Story News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens