Robin Thicke: I Was Afraid Miley Cyrus' Routine Wasn't Racy Enough
Robin Thicke's 2013 MTV Video Music Awards performance with Miley Cyrus was one of the most talked about events last year. Thicke was glad that it happened the way it did and that people actually reacted to it.
In an interview published in Los Angeles Confidential's latest issue, Thicke said, "Listen, we had a great time. It's entertainment. I was actually afraid Miley's routine wasn't going to be racy enough. But people reacted." The stage act, where scantily-clad Cyrus was seen grinding up Thicke's groin, popularized the term "twerk".
The married singer also shared to the magazine what his wife, actress Paula Patton, thought of the sudden explosion of attention. "Obviously, she's very excited," Thicke said. "She's supported me from day one. Sometimes she rolls her eyes. Things [I say] get misconstrued in interviews and then debated. So some of it's pretty weird."
In other news, Thicke's single "Blurred Lines" has just been name the best-selling single of 2013, selling 6.5 million units throughout the year. Speaking of what's next for him, Thicke told Confidential, "A little more touring and finally getting back into the studio. It's been strange not writing music all the time, especially with everything else going on in my head and heart right now. Since I was 11 or 12, I've been writing songs every week, but this year I've gotten sidetracked. So I'm really excited to make new music."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert