Ice Cube Sets New Album for May 13 Release
Ice Cube announces the official release date for his next studio installment. The "21 Jump Street" actor confirms on Twitter that he will release the new album early this summer, "EVERYTHANGS CORRUPT street date: May 13, 2014."
The upcoming album will be his first studio effort since his 2010's "I Am the West". Ahead of its May release, the rapper already released the rock-infused title track that featured Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on guitar.
Cube said people shouldn't judge the album entirely by its title. "It's not a heavily political record, but it does have statement songs and rhymes," he explained to The Huffington Post. "I got a song called 'Dominate the Weak', which is just showing you how a police state would look and feel."
"But hip-hop is in a different space right now when it comes to that. You don't want to overdo it when it comes to the political stuff."
Aside from "Everythang's Corrupt", Cube also has two movie releases on his plate. He will play detective James in action comedy "Ride Along" with Kevin Hart, and he will reprise his role as Capt. Dickson in "22 Jump Street".
More Ice Cube News
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say