Ice Cube Sets New Album for May 13 Release
Ice Cube announces the official release date for his next studio installment. The "21 Jump Street" actor confirms on Twitter that he will release the new album early this summer, "EVERYTHANGS CORRUPT street date: May 13, 2014."
The upcoming album will be his first studio effort since his 2010's "I Am the West". Ahead of its May release, the rapper already released the rock-infused title track that featured Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on guitar.
Cube said people shouldn't judge the album entirely by its title. "It's not a heavily political record, but it does have statement songs and rhymes," he explained to The Huffington Post. "I got a song called 'Dominate the Weak', which is just showing you how a police state would look and feel."
"But hip-hop is in a different space right now when it comes to that. You don't want to overdo it when it comes to the political stuff."
Aside from "Everythang's Corrupt", Cube also has two movie releases on his plate. He will play detective James in action comedy "Ride Along" with Kevin Hart, and he will reprise his role as Capt. Dickson in "22 Jump Street".
More Ice Cube News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch