Ice Cube Sets New Album for May 13 Release
Ice Cube announces the official release date for his next studio installment. The "21 Jump Street" actor confirms on Twitter that he will release the new album early this summer, "EVERYTHANGS CORRUPT street date: May 13, 2014."
The upcoming album will be his first studio effort since his 2010's "I Am the West". Ahead of its May release, the rapper already released the rock-infused title track that featured Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on guitar.
Cube said people shouldn't judge the album entirely by its title. "It's not a heavily political record, but it does have statement songs and rhymes," he explained to The Huffington Post. "I got a song called 'Dominate the Weak', which is just showing you how a police state would look and feel."
"But hip-hop is in a different space right now when it comes to that. You don't want to overdo it when it comes to the political stuff."
Aside from "Everythang's Corrupt", Cube also has two movie releases on his plate. He will play detective James in action comedy "Ride Along" with Kevin Hart, and he will reprise his role as Capt. Dickson in "22 Jump Street".
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'