Ice Cube Sets New Album for May 13 Release
Ice Cube announces the official release date for his next studio installment. The "21 Jump Street" actor confirms on Twitter that he will release the new album early this summer, "EVERYTHANGS CORRUPT street date: May 13, 2014."
The upcoming album will be his first studio effort since his 2010's "I Am the West". Ahead of its May release, the rapper already released the rock-infused title track that featured Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on guitar.
Cube said people shouldn't judge the album entirely by its title. "It's not a heavily political record, but it does have statement songs and rhymes," he explained to The Huffington Post. "I got a song called 'Dominate the Weak', which is just showing you how a police state would look and feel."
"But hip-hop is in a different space right now when it comes to that. You don't want to overdo it when it comes to the political stuff."
Aside from "Everythang's Corrupt", Cube also has two movie releases on his plate. He will play detective James in action comedy "Ride Along" with Kevin Hart, and he will reprise his role as Capt. Dickson in "22 Jump Street".
More Ice Cube News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism