Ice Cube Sets New Album for May 13 Release
Ice Cube announces the official release date for his next studio installment. The "21 Jump Street" actor confirms on Twitter that he will release the new album early this summer, "EVERYTHANGS CORRUPT street date: May 13, 2014."
The upcoming album will be his first studio effort since his 2010's "I Am the West". Ahead of its May release, the rapper already released the rock-infused title track that featured Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on guitar.
Cube said people shouldn't judge the album entirely by its title. "It's not a heavily political record, but it does have statement songs and rhymes," he explained to The Huffington Post. "I got a song called 'Dominate the Weak', which is just showing you how a police state would look and feel."
"But hip-hop is in a different space right now when it comes to that. You don't want to overdo it when it comes to the political stuff."
Aside from "Everythang's Corrupt", Cube also has two movie releases on his plate. He will play detective James in action comedy "Ride Along" with Kevin Hart, and he will reprise his role as Capt. Dickson in "22 Jump Street".
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'