Ke$ha Checks Into Rehab for Eating Disorder
Ke$ha has entered a rehab center to seek treatment for her eating disorder. The "Die Young" singer checked into rehab on Friday morning, January 3. According to TMZ, the 26-year-old star went to Timberline Knolls near Chicago, which treated Demi Lovato for similar problems in 2010.
"I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I've found it hard to practice," Ke$ha says in a statement. "I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder...to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am."
The site commented that the singer, who appeared in the music video for "Timber" with Pitbull, looked skinnier in the clip. Despite her struggle with eating disorder, Ke$ha did not talk about the issue in her Twitter posts. On New Year's Eve, she simply wrote, "Cheers to this year being the best year ever. 2014 gon be the year of truth and freedom."
The rehab announcement came only days after Ke$ha dropped her latest music video, "Dirty Love", from her 2012 album "Warrior". In the sexy clip, the singer can be seen flashing her butts and being showered in champagne and glitters. "Death by glitter. hope u like it. here's my directorial debut for the Dirty Love music video," she wrote in the video description.
More Ke$ha News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie