First 15 Minutes of Syfy's 'Helix' Released
Syfy has released the first 15 minutes of its highly-promoted new series "Helix" ahead of the January 10 premiere. From the creator of "Battlestar Galactica", Ron Moore, the series follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak.
As seen from the video, the series begins after the outbreak and jumps to present day at CDC headquarter in Atlanta where Billy Campbell's Dr. Alan Farragut is extracted to assist in the contamination of the outbreak. The series moves again to Day 1 when the team arrives at the facility via chopper and Farragut sees his infected brother for the first time.
"I kind of think of this show as a mashup of 'The Andromeda Strain', John Carpenter's 'The Thing' and 'The Walking Dead'," Campbell told Channel Guide magazine. The show skipped the pilot stage and was picked up for a full season containing at least 13 episodes.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers