First 15 Minutes of Syfy's 'Helix' Released
Syfy has released the first 15 minutes of its highly-promoted new series "Helix" ahead of the January 10 premiere. From the creator of "Battlestar Galactica", Ron Moore, the series follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak.
As seen from the video, the series begins after the outbreak and jumps to present day at CDC headquarter in Atlanta where Billy Campbell's Dr. Alan Farragut is extracted to assist in the contamination of the outbreak. The series moves again to Day 1 when the team arrives at the facility via chopper and Farragut sees his infected brother for the first time.
"I kind of think of this show as a mashup of 'The Andromeda Strain', John Carpenter's 'The Thing' and 'The Walking Dead'," Campbell told Channel Guide magazine. The show skipped the pilot stage and was picked up for a full season containing at least 13 episodes.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding