First 15 Minutes of Syfy's 'Helix' Released
Syfy has released the first 15 minutes of its highly-promoted new series "Helix" ahead of the January 10 premiere. From the creator of "Battlestar Galactica", Ron Moore, the series follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak.
As seen from the video, the series begins after the outbreak and jumps to present day at CDC headquarter in Atlanta where Billy Campbell's Dr. Alan Farragut is extracted to assist in the contamination of the outbreak. The series moves again to Day 1 when the team arrives at the facility via chopper and Farragut sees his infected brother for the first time.
"I kind of think of this show as a mashup of 'The Andromeda Strain', John Carpenter's 'The Thing' and 'The Walking Dead'," Campbell told Channel Guide magazine. The show skipped the pilot stage and was picked up for a full season containing at least 13 episodes.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous