First 15 Minutes of Syfy's 'Helix' Released
Syfy has released the first 15 minutes of its highly-promoted new series "Helix" ahead of the January 10 premiere. From the creator of "Battlestar Galactica", Ron Moore, the series follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak.
As seen from the video, the series begins after the outbreak and jumps to present day at CDC headquarter in Atlanta where Billy Campbell's Dr. Alan Farragut is extracted to assist in the contamination of the outbreak. The series moves again to Day 1 when the team arrives at the facility via chopper and Farragut sees his infected brother for the first time.
"I kind of think of this show as a mashup of 'The Andromeda Strain', John Carpenter's 'The Thing' and 'The Walking Dead'," Campbell told Channel Guide magazine. The show skipped the pilot stage and was picked up for a full season containing at least 13 episodes.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?