Horrifying Details of Paul Walker's Crash Released in Coroner's Report
A report by the Los Angeles County Coroner was released on Friday, January 3, revealing details in Paul Walker's November 30 car crash in Santa Clarita. The Porsche Carrera GT, that Walker's friend Roger Rodas was driving, was traveling at 100 miles per hour before it went out of control, hit a tree and went up in flames.
A deputy who was taking witnesses' accounts said the red Porsche was traveling "at an unsafe speed, approximately 100 plus mph." The report added, "For unknown reasons, the driver lost control of his vehicle."
Speed was the determined cause of the crash because there was no mechanical issues with the 2005 Porsche and there was no problem with the road. The light pole the car hit had the speed limit sign of 45 mph. The street formed a 1 mile loop and is isolated from traffic especially on weekends. Neither Walker nor Rodas had alcohol, cocaine, marijuana or other impairing drugs in their system.
The car was "almost split in half ...the majority of the vehicle was also charred" after crash before burned up in flames. Deputy medical examiner Lawrence Nguyen ruled it as "an accident", and the cause of death was the "effect of traumatic and thermal injuries".
Rodas had fourth-degree burns on his head and neck and severe skull fractures, while Walker had broken bones throughout his body including his jaw, arm, ribs and pelvis, the report said. The outfit Walker was wearing following a charity event appearance were intact while the actor was found "charred" in a defensive "pugilistic stance".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal