Horrifying Details of Paul Walker's Crash Released in Coroner's Report
A report by the Los Angeles County Coroner was released on Friday, January 3, revealing details in Paul Walker's November 30 car crash in Santa Clarita. The Porsche Carrera GT, that Walker's friend Roger Rodas was driving, was traveling at 100 miles per hour before it went out of control, hit a tree and went up in flames.
A deputy who was taking witnesses' accounts said the red Porsche was traveling "at an unsafe speed, approximately 100 plus mph." The report added, "For unknown reasons, the driver lost control of his vehicle."
Speed was the determined cause of the crash because there was no mechanical issues with the 2005 Porsche and there was no problem with the road. The light pole the car hit had the speed limit sign of 45 mph. The street formed a 1 mile loop and is isolated from traffic especially on weekends. Neither Walker nor Rodas had alcohol, cocaine, marijuana or other impairing drugs in their system.
The car was "almost split in half ...the majority of the vehicle was also charred" after crash before burned up in flames. Deputy medical examiner Lawrence Nguyen ruled it as "an accident", and the cause of death was the "effect of traumatic and thermal injuries".
Rodas had fourth-degree burns on his head and neck and severe skull fractures, while Walker had broken bones throughout his body including his jaw, arm, ribs and pelvis, the report said. The outfit Walker was wearing following a charity event appearance were intact while the actor was found "charred" in a defensive "pugilistic stance".
More Paul Walker News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'