Rick Ross Sues LMFAO Over Lyrics in 'Party Rock Anthem'
Rick Ross is suing LMFAO for copyright infringement. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the rapper has filed a lawsuit against the pop duo, claiming that the lyrics "Everyday I'm shufflin' " in their 2010 hit single "Party Rock Anthem" is a direct rip from his "Everyday I'm hustlin' " in his 2006 track "Hustlin' ".
"The use of 'Hustlin' ' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ...' to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ...,' " read the suit which was filed in a Florida federal court. It also states that LMFAO's performance of the lyric is similar to Ross', making it "an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of 'Hustlin'."
"The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem', that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items," it added.
Ross and "Hustlin' " composer Jermaine "Mayne Zayne" Jackson are seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from LMFAO.
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry