Rick Ross Sues LMFAO Over Lyrics in 'Party Rock Anthem'
Rick Ross is suing LMFAO for copyright infringement. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the rapper has filed a lawsuit against the pop duo, claiming that the lyrics "Everyday I'm shufflin' " in their 2010 hit single "Party Rock Anthem" is a direct rip from his "Everyday I'm hustlin' " in his 2006 track "Hustlin' ".
"The use of 'Hustlin' ' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ...' to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ...,' " read the suit which was filed in a Florida federal court. It also states that LMFAO's performance of the lyric is similar to Ross', making it "an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of 'Hustlin'."
"The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem', that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items," it added.
Ross and "Hustlin' " composer Jermaine "Mayne Zayne" Jackson are seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from LMFAO.
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper