Rick Ross Sues LMFAO Over Lyrics in 'Party Rock Anthem'
Rick Ross is suing LMFAO for copyright infringement. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the rapper has filed a lawsuit against the pop duo, claiming that the lyrics "Everyday I'm shufflin' " in their 2010 hit single "Party Rock Anthem" is a direct rip from his "Everyday I'm hustlin' " in his 2006 track "Hustlin' ".
"The use of 'Hustlin' ' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ...' to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ...,' " read the suit which was filed in a Florida federal court. It also states that LMFAO's performance of the lyric is similar to Ross', making it "an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of 'Hustlin'."
"The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem', that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items," it added.
Ross and "Hustlin' " composer Jermaine "Mayne Zayne" Jackson are seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from LMFAO.
More Rick Ross News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape