Rick Ross Sues LMFAO Over Lyrics in 'Party Rock Anthem'
Rick Ross is suing LMFAO for copyright infringement. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the rapper has filed a lawsuit against the pop duo, claiming that the lyrics "Everyday I'm shufflin' " in their 2010 hit single "Party Rock Anthem" is a direct rip from his "Everyday I'm hustlin' " in his 2006 track "Hustlin' ".
"The use of 'Hustlin' ' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ...' to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ...,' " read the suit which was filed in a Florida federal court. It also states that LMFAO's performance of the lyric is similar to Ross', making it "an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of 'Hustlin'."
"The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem', that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items," it added.
Ross and "Hustlin' " composer Jermaine "Mayne Zayne" Jackson are seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from LMFAO.
More Rick Ross News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram