Rick Ross Sues LMFAO Over Lyrics in 'Party Rock Anthem'
Rick Ross is suing LMFAO for copyright infringement. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the rapper has filed a lawsuit against the pop duo, claiming that the lyrics "Everyday I'm shufflin' " in their 2010 hit single "Party Rock Anthem" is a direct rip from his "Everyday I'm hustlin' " in his 2006 track "Hustlin' ".
"The use of 'Hustlin' ' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ...' to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ...,' " read the suit which was filed in a Florida federal court. It also states that LMFAO's performance of the lyric is similar to Ross', making it "an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of 'Hustlin'."
"The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem', that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items," it added.
Ross and "Hustlin' " composer Jermaine "Mayne Zayne" Jackson are seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from LMFAO.
More Rick Ross News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video