'Breaking Bad' Contest Winner Arrested on Drug Charges
A fan of "Breaking Bad" who won a ticket to watch the drug-themed series' finale with the cast members has been arrested on drug charges. The fan, Ryan Lee Carroll, was busted on early Wednesday morning, January 1 in Florida. The police found 700 pounds of 79,000 individually packaged packets of synthetic marijuana called "Spice" which is worth $1.25 million at his home, Reuters reports.
Carroll was taken into custody on felony charges of alleged possession of synthetic narcotics and a misdemeanor charge of allegedly keeping a shop or vehicle for dangerous drugs. The Lee County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that two other people, James Lee Allen and Benjamin Scott Smith, were also arrested because they used to make the synthetic weed and keep it in their homes.
"Inside the home, detectives discovered large rubber bins containing byproducts of the substance, shelves full of containers with thousands of packages of finished product and hundreds of uncashed money orders totaling thousands of dollars," the statement read. "The investigation has put a large dent in the availability of 'Spice' nationally."
In September, Carroll flew to Los Angeles and was greeted by Aaron Paul at the airport. Carroll previously told Naples News that the show was "highly addicting, just like the meth they make."
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'