'Breaking Bad' Contest Winner Arrested on Drug Charges
A fan of "Breaking Bad" who won a ticket to watch the drug-themed series' finale with the cast members has been arrested on drug charges. The fan, Ryan Lee Carroll, was busted on early Wednesday morning, January 1 in Florida. The police found 700 pounds of 79,000 individually packaged packets of synthetic marijuana called "Spice" which is worth $1.25 million at his home, Reuters reports.
Carroll was taken into custody on felony charges of alleged possession of synthetic narcotics and a misdemeanor charge of allegedly keeping a shop or vehicle for dangerous drugs. The Lee County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that two other people, James Lee Allen and Benjamin Scott Smith, were also arrested because they used to make the synthetic weed and keep it in their homes.
"Inside the home, detectives discovered large rubber bins containing byproducts of the substance, shelves full of containers with thousands of packages of finished product and hundreds of uncashed money orders totaling thousands of dollars," the statement read. "The investigation has put a large dent in the availability of 'Spice' nationally."
In September, Carroll flew to Los Angeles and was greeted by Aaron Paul at the airport. Carroll previously told Naples News that the show was "highly addicting, just like the meth they make."
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child
- Naughty Ashley Graham Flaunts Major Cleavage While Dancing in Sexy Lingerie
- Kygo Releases Heartbreaking Video for 'It Ain't Me' Ft. Selena Gomez
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Features Shocking Elimination on 'Boy Bands and Girl Groups' Night
- See the Bonding Between Characters in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Featurette
- Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Flaunt Beach Bodies in Skimpy Bikinis During Mexican Trip
- Mel B Claims Stephen Belafonte Is Involved in Porn Industry