'Breaking Bad' Contest Winner Arrested on Drug Charges
A fan of "Breaking Bad" who won a ticket to watch the drug-themed series' finale with the cast members has been arrested on drug charges. The fan, Ryan Lee Carroll, was busted on early Wednesday morning, January 1 in Florida. The police found 700 pounds of 79,000 individually packaged packets of synthetic marijuana called "Spice" which is worth $1.25 million at his home, Reuters reports.
Carroll was taken into custody on felony charges of alleged possession of synthetic narcotics and a misdemeanor charge of allegedly keeping a shop or vehicle for dangerous drugs. The Lee County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that two other people, James Lee Allen and Benjamin Scott Smith, were also arrested because they used to make the synthetic weed and keep it in their homes.
"Inside the home, detectives discovered large rubber bins containing byproducts of the substance, shelves full of containers with thousands of packages of finished product and hundreds of uncashed money orders totaling thousands of dollars," the statement read. "The investigation has put a large dent in the availability of 'Spice' nationally."
In September, Carroll flew to Los Angeles and was greeted by Aaron Paul at the airport. Carroll previously told Naples News that the show was "highly addicting, just like the meth they make."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role